St. Marks Flats 4-13

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

randymullaly

St. Marks Flats 4-13

Post by randymullaly »

Had the boat in the water just before 7:00 this AM. Ran out to the east flats. Didn't have long to fish with the winds picking up and rain on the radar. Floating live shrimp under a popping cork in 3-4 feet of water. Picked up 3 trout. 1 short, 1 BLT ( barely legal trout) and one gator trout just shy of 24". Boat back on the trailer by 8:45 and stayed bone dry. After all the Lady Fish and Spanish yesterday, glad to see the trout today. :D
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks Flats 4-13

Post by DixieReb »

Nice. I've seen several posts where trout are being caught on live shrimp. Where do you buy yours?
Yours in the South
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

I usually stop at the Sunoco station/lumber yard on Woodville Highway. It's on the way for me. If they don't have any (about half the time) I stop at Jerry's further south on the Woodville Highway.
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

glad you got a couple of fish. I fished bottoms road yesterday which was Tues. I had some rat reds in the morning no keepers, plenty lady fish around and a few Spanish. had only two borderline trout for the day.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Great report