SGI report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dogdayz

SGI report

Post by dogdayz »

Been here since Tuesday and it has been a bit tough. Yesterday in the bay, off the dock which is just west of Rattlesnake Cove, a few smaller flounders were caught on minnows. I caught a small speck on a Paul Brown plug.
This morning on the surf, 2 catfish, 1 ladyfish and 1 leather neck in 3 hours time. Not great. This afternoon off them dock caught a 21" and 15" red with a minnow during the heat of the day.
After talking to a few locals, lots of reds are being caught in the cut or east pass on live bait. No one has live shrimp...too hot and they are dying in their tanks in the store. Gulps, or other plastics, do not seem to be working this week.
flatsbroke22

Re: SGI report

Post by flatsbroke22 »

If you have a net you can walk the surf and catch finger mullet, redfish and trout love them.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

dogdayz wrote:Been here since Tuesday and it has been a bit tough. Yesterday in the bay, off the dock which is just west of Rattlesnake Cove, a few smaller flounders were caught on minnows. I caught a small speck on a Paul Brown plug.
This morning on the surf, 2 catfish, 1 ladyfish and 1 leather neck in 3 hours time. Not great. This afternoon off them dock caught a 21" and 15" red with a minnow during the heat of the day.
After talking to a few locals, lots of reds are being caught in the cut or east pass on live bait. No one has live shrimp...too hot and they are dying in their tanks in the store. Gulps, or other plastics, do not seem to be working this week.
We used frozen shrimp last weekend with some success.
dogdayz

Post by dogdayz »

JeffB wrote:
dogdayz wrote:Been here since Tuesday and it has been a bit tough. Yesterday in the bay, off the dock which is just west of Rattlesnake Cove, a few smaller flounders were caught on minnows. I caught a small speck on a Paul Brown plug.
We used frozen shrimp last weekend with some success.
Yes, tried the frozen and did not have much luck. Fishermans Choice in Eastpoint said they should have live shrimp today sometime.
dogdayz

Post by dogdayz »

Today, Thursday, was not bad. Went to the East Pass and had a few cats and a dozen sharks. There was a ton of baitfish which the spanish macks were all over. Wished I had a gotcha with me...
Went to the East Pelican Reef north of Goose Island, and a couple of holes near there, and had a few keeper reds and specks. Saw quite a bit more swimming around the boat.
While the temp was high, the winds were low making the water glass. Water temp was 87. Time for a bath...