Eagle Flats Boat?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Eagle Flats Boat?

Post by Hollywood »

Has anyone heard of Eagle Flats Boats? If so what can you tell me about them.
BrogensDuck

Re: Eagle Flats Boat?

Post by BrogensDuck »

slowroller
Site Sponsor

Post by slowroller »

I have no personal experience. I've heard about them, not much good. You can find lots of reviews online.
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Thanks Guys that helps a lot. Cross that one off the list.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

What's your budget and what exactly are you looking for as far as qualities? Technical poling, certain size/hp, age, number of live wells, etc.?

Based on your criteria, a number of recommendations could be made.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

I owned one for 3 years- (18 with a 115 Johnson) no issues at all. Sold it for what I paid for it. I heard both sides- the good and bad - after I had already bought. I'd prob avoid, too many other boats out there - unless it was a deal.
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

My budget is no more than 10k, but what I wanted was a fixer upper that I could get cheap and rig it out to the gills with all the bells and whistles. I found a Eagle with a Yammaha 115 that was for $3500 and I would have been able to redo what I wanted and rig it out like I wanted. I have a 19ft skiff that will be sold on Sunday and I wanted to get something a little longer and more of a V hull that would ride a little dryer in rougher water.
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

I have a friend who had one and he said it was a wet ride.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

The Eagle deal sounds like the classic case of if it's too good to be true...

A guide buddy of mine in Orlando is putting his older 1720 ActionCraft on the market, but it's already been fixed up with new batteries and trailer upgrades and is in excellent shape. Engine is a Mercury two-stoke. Runs well, but older technology. Waiting to hear back from him with details and accessories included. Believe he's going to ask $9,500 or less for it.

Definitely not longer but that model is a great choice for our area. I guided from one for several years. Folding bench seat, poles well, quiet and soft, dry running in a chop. Solid no-wood construction that will last for many years and you could always re-power down the road. If you'd like his contact info to talk to him directly, shoot me a PM. Great guy, I've written a couple of stories about him.

If you're set on a larger boat you might look for older 1890 Action Crafts or a 21 Hewes, 20 Pathfinder or similar. You might be hunting awhile to find the right deal, but they do pop up from time to time.

Another thing to consider is a 17- to 19-foot flats boat with a modified V hull is going to ride much differently than a flat-bottom Carolina Skiff so you may not need to go bigger and that opens up more possibilities. If you plan to pole the boat, bigger is much harder to push and spin as well, so you're really getting into the realm of bay boats instead of true flats. It all depends on what kind of fishing you plan to do most and what features you need.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat