Ecofina April 22nd-24th report.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Ecofina April 22nd-24th report.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Day 1. Daniel and I got to the landing before first light to find Micky Matt and Ryan asleep in their truck. We got launched and headed out the river in our boats. They went looking for reds and we. Headed to hickory mound. Image. We went in pretty close and caught 3 pretty quick. Image. Image. Lots of action and shorts galore. For the rest of the morning. Image. I even caught a small cobia. But after lunch the sky got ominous. Image. We stuck it out as long as we could and headed in around 2:30 or 3:00. Had talked to Spinner earlier and they had already went in. The water was higher than I have ever seen it. It was over the ramp. Image. Then it was off to the cleaning table in the rain. Image. Our boat got 4 trout 3 bsb and a flounder today. We got to the house and got cleaned up and then grilled dinner. Image. Blue Spinner came by after the rain stopped while we were cooking. I was inside cooking potatoes and missed him. Hate that. After a while the sun came back out. Image. We relaxed and looked forward to sat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
countrycorners

Re: Ecofina April 22nd-24th report.

Post by countrycorners »

Nice
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Day 2 Saturday.: We all got up at 5:15 ate cinnamon rolls and got ready to go out again. I was hoping for more great action like fri. Image. We were the first boat out and it took a while idling till we had enough light to run the river. It was almost slick down by hickory mound so we tried some top water. Image. Daniel got one nice one but that was all we could get before giving it up. Image. Not a ton of action today and keepers were very far apart. Caught lots of odd fish. Image. We ran a lot today from Rock Island to Aucilla and back to Rock island. Image. Went into a little creek mouth as the tide was up. I fed two dozen shrimp to reds and nada to shoe for it. Daniel casts one time and get a pup. Image. After we left the creek Daniel caught 2 short cobes. Image. Shortly after we decided to run in with the other boat. Image. You know how it is two boats full of friends it gonna be a race. So I pushed my boat harder than normal in a hard chop. As we pulled ahead and got in the mouth my motor died. UGH. It cranked back up I got on plane and it died again. Third time it ran to dock but was idling rough. Hoping it just shook loose some trash. Headed to the cleaning table with 7 trout today and the other guys got 15. Image. We got cleaned up and went to eat at Savannah's.

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Good report on a good trip!!
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
flatsjunky777

Post by flatsjunky777 »

We had a great trip Hit-n-Miss. Glad we could all go down there together. Glad I finally got to meet Blue Spinner as well. Very nice man. Hope to do it again soon. I will also be posting pics of our catch later. My wife has the pictures on her phone and she is trying to send them to me to post.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

flatsjunky777 wrote:We had a great trip Hit-n-Miss. Glad we could all go down there together. Glad I finally got to meet Blue Spinner as well. Very nice man. Hope to do it again soon. I will also be posting pics of our catch later. My wife has the pictures on her phone and she is trying to send them to me to post.
. Can't wait till next year. Blue Spinner is a great guy. Daniel and I were having trouble in his boat once and he stopped not once but twice to check on us. Look forward to your pics.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Day 3 last day. We got up and cleared out the house and were the first boats to the ramp. Image. Image. Two more guys joined us today in their boat. Intending to make the most of the day we headed out. Image. Image. We went in close to try for reds. Image. I fed 2 dozen shrimp to them but could not catch one. Daniel cast once and caught a pup. We decided to move out on the flats and I hooked into a real nice fish. Man what a fight. Image. Image. To bad it was too short. We had much better action today. And short trout are still fun even if you can't keep them. Image. Image. We had a great last day with lots of variety. Spanish and another COBE. Image. Image. Image. We had a great fun last day. Lots of catching and beautiful weather. Image. Image. We ended up between all of us with 62 trout, 5 BSB, 4 Spanish and 3 flounder. Was a great trip with good people. Enjoyed it immensely.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

A special thanks to my beautiful wife who let me fish on a trip that just happened to fall on our anniversary. Love you baby. You are the best.

Fishdawg

Post by Fishdawg »

Monday report: Got to the ramp about 7:00 with my dad. Back with a limit of trout about 1:00. We had 2 trout over 20", 3 trout 19", and the rest were 16"-18". Nice, fat, healthy trout! We must have caught 30 shorts. 1 Spanish Mack, 1 bluefish, 4 bsb, 1 lady fish, and 1 ole nasty sailcat. Dad fished with shrimp under a ct, and I fished new penny gulp under a ct. He caught the biggest trout on a live shrimp, but I was wearing him out on gulps. He finally changed to a gulp, and we used up a whole jar of them rascals. I did lose a nice cobia that hit right at the boat. Great day on the water with my 79 year old dad celebrating Confederate Memorial Day off from work! Precious memories!!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Fishdawg wrote:Monday report: Got to the ramp about 7:00 with my dad. Back with a limit of trout about 1:00. We had 2 trout over 20", 3 trout 19", and the rest were 16"-18". Nice, fat, healthy trout! We must have caught 30 shorts. 1 Spanish Mack, 1 bluefish, 4 bsb, 1 lady fish, and 1 ole nasty sailcat. Dad fished with shrimp under a ct, and I fished new penny gulp under a ct. He caught the biggest trout on a live shrimp, but I was wearing him out on gulps. He finally changed to a gulp, and we used up a whole jar of them rascals. I did lose a nice cobia that hit right at the boat. Great day on the water with my 79 year old dad celebrating Confederate Memorial Day off from work! Precious memories!!
Sounds like a great day. You fish east or west? Curious how you hook your shrimp?

Fishdawg

Post by Fishdawg »

Dad hooks his shrimp through the middle near the head. We have a cousin that guides out of Tybee Island, and he put us on to this. We usually fish toward Hickory Mound and Rock Island, but we went towards the west today. All of our biggest trout were full of roe! These gals are ready to spawn!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Fishdawg wrote:Dad hooks his shrimp through the middle near the head. We have a cousin that guides out of Tybee Island, and he put us on to this. We usually fish toward Hickory Mound and Rock Island, but we went towards the west today. All of our biggest trout were full of roe! These gals are ready to spawn!
. Thanks they always get my shrimp. I'll try that.

Fishdawg

Post by Fishdawg »

I tried Mirrolures 750, 808 and a gold Redfin hoping to wade thru smaller fish in hopes of catching bigger fish. I threw the color out of those baits, but no takers! I really think the fish are scattered all over the flats.

Oh, those 5-10 mph SE winds forecasted for today were only off by 10-15 mph. It was pretty rough out there today!
donnie101063

Post by donnie101063 »

Hey guys do you have the contact numbers for the cabin rental at Econfina? I use to stay there 7-8 years ago but I moved a few years ago for work in Louisiana. I'm back in Ga. now and will make my first trip to Econfina this weekend, trying to find somewhere to stay, any help is appreciated. Nice fish BTW
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

nice report ,good to talk to yall ,
we did not do as good as yall did last week , we had 29 trout for 2 boats for 3 days 4 men
i did not help put much in the box for the week , as i was fishing in the catfish pone and the trash can
most of the time , did catch a 29" cob one day , went home on sat. came back on sun. after church
fished Monday and it was better we caught 9 keeper trout 16" to 18" and 2 reds 22" and 20" ,we caught 5 pup reds
and a bunch of short trout
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning