We need to support Bear Hunting.

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

We need to support Bear Hunting.

Post by bman »

I know not all of you will agree with this but...
If you hunt you need to stand with the Bear Hunters- The anti hunting folks are out in force and a victory for them is a blow to all hunters.
The anti hunters have sent 75,000 emails and hunters a few hundred.
Please read and follow up on the following letter-
On June 22, in Apalachicola, the FWCC Commission meeting will be held and the bear hunting issue will be decided. At this point, it appears that staff will be offering the commission a range of options, and those options may include no hunting, though I don’t think that is the preferred option of staff. I am not a bear hunter. And, while no group has retained me to lobby this issue on their behalf we cannot let the anti-hunting establishment win this decision.

I need to get hundreds, if not thousands, of sportsmen and women in the state to send e-mails to the commissioners. It doesn’t matter if they hunt or fish, but we need them to stand together to provide support to the commissioners on this issue. The message can be put in whatever terms they want, but it could read something like this:

Dear Commissioners
I am writing today to voice my support for decisions that are made based upon sound science and data, and not simple, or sometimes complex, emotion. I AM A FLORIDA RESIDENT and I am here to stand in support of those who want the ability to hunt bears whether I hunt them or not. As an avid sportsman I believe that if the data compiled by your staff supports a sustainable bear harvest, then those who want to participate in a hunt should be allowed to do so. I encourage you to support science-based decisions and to approve a bear hunt this fall.

Respectfully

Sportsmen may contact all commissioners with one transmittal by filling out the form at the following link:

http://www.myfwc.com/contact/fwc-staff/ ... issioners/

It would be greatly appreciated if you can spread this to all of you friends in Florida who hunt or fish. We need to flood the commission with as many e-mails of support as possible, as the anti-hunting community will be submitting tens of thousands of e-mails, many from out of state.

Thank you and please let me know if you have any questions, and also let me know what type of response you are receiving. People should start e-mailing right away.

Thanks
Lane Stephens
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Capt Ron

Re: We need to support Bear Hunting.

Post by Capt Ron »

Barry, who is Lane Stephens?