Frontier vs. Robalo Cayman 206

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DAWG FAN

Re: Frontier vs. Robalo Cayman 206

Post by DAWG FAN »

I have always used Bainbridge Marine. He is a certified Yamaha/Merc repair man.
Check out Anglers Marines web site. They are showing 2 boats. 1 has black sides and one has black bottom. If you talk to them tell them Ray Ford sent ya. :D

http://www.anglersmarinenc.com/
2012 Sea Fox 200XT-SOLD
2003 16' Sundance Skiff
2013 40 HP Mercury Bigfoot
2017 Sea Fox XTS Viper
2017 150hp Yamaha SHO
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Hardhead, you can still have warranty work performed at Huggins even if you don't buy it from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Team Jolly Mon
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Hard head have u checked out Mikes marine in panacea .they also carry sea hunts.check em out and talk to mike Jr there and tell em Mike from perry sent you.
hardhead

Post by hardhead »

Dawg fan. I looked at angler marine website the other night. Looks like they do have a few in stock. If I can't find what I want at mikes marine I'll be giving them a call for sure. I'll be sure to drop your name. Thanks.
I'll have to check out Bainbridge marine for service.

FR Pirate. Thanks. I have talked with Ron over at mikes marine several times. That is actually where I found thst sea hunt I was talking about. It was an awesome boat. Matter of fact it sold yesterday. It was a great boat. Mikes should have some robalos coming in in next few weeks. Gonna talk with him again on Monday about maybe intercepting one of his orders and customing it a bit. If not, I'm calling angler in North Carolina.

Y'all keep the ideas coming as they come up.

I really appreciate everyone's opinions. Being a first time bay boat buyer I have needed some guidance. Thanks guys. Hopefully I can post some helpful knowladge down the road.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

There are a bunch of really generous folks on this forum who gladly offer their experience/knowledge. But it's also very much appreciated when the original poster acknowledges the time and effort it takes to offer that advice. Sadly, common courtesy is becoming rare in today's society.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Hard head if you want to save more money at Mikes talk to mike Jr when he's there he'll give u a better deal if u tell him I sent ya and not ron.
hardhead

Post by hardhead »

mpa-72001 thanks for the connection to mike jr. I will definitely let him know you sent me. I hope to talk to him first of next week. As fun as boat shopping is, I'm ready to make a decision and park that baby in my driveway! Even my wife is hurrying me along. And as I'm sure most of y'all would agree, if momma is for it, make it happen.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

I know what ya mean hardhead I got the ok from mine to get my new 20 foot tunnel and I rushed over there to him and traded my 18 ft in on it before she changed her mind.
hardhead

Post by hardhead »

Just wanted to update y'all on the boat search. I pulled the trigger last week on a Robalo 206 cayman. Closed the deal with mikes marine. I really appreciate everyone chiming in with their opinions and knowledge. I should take delivery latter part of Sept. Gonna be tough to wait but hopefully it'll be just in time for the fall fishing to pick up. I'll post some pics as soon as she lands in my driveway. Thanks again guys!
lmmoore

Post by lmmoore »

Friend bought one of those and loves it, he stepped up to the 200 and was glad he did. HEAVY BOAT,BUT dry and rides great
hardhead

Post by hardhead »

Glad to hear he likes the cayman. Man did I mull over the options. I went with the 150 though. Those boats are heavy, I hope the 150 will push it ok!
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

the Xpress bay hull is really impressive in rough water, my best friend just bought one last year, "2015 20 bay". I was skeptical at first because it was aluminum but, I swear on everything I love that boat rides better than some glass boats I've been on. I would only imagine that a 21 footer would ride better.

his is a 2015, trolling motor, gps, power pole, and the yammy SHO. all out the door for 25,500. with alum. trailer and the mag wheels.
salty tiger
Advertising Sponsor

Post by salty tiger »

hardhead wrote:Just wanted to update y'all on the boat search. I pulled the trigger last week on a Robalo 206 cayman. Closed the deal with mikes marine. I really appreciate everyone chiming in with their opinions and knowledge. I should take delivery latter part of Sept. Gonna be tough to wait but hopefully it'll be just in time for the fall fishing to pick up. I'll post some pics as soon as she lands in my driveway. Thanks again guys!
Congrats on the new Cayman. I've got the 226 and have been very happy with it (pic below). Check out the Robalo Cayman Boat Owner's Club when you get a chance. There is a lot of great info on the Cayman's that you won't be able to get anywhere else.

http://www.thecaymanboat.club/Welcome.html
Attachments
Dog Isl.jpg
salty tiger
Advertising Sponsor

Post by salty tiger »

hardhead wrote:Glad to hear he likes the cayman. Man did I mull over the options. I went with the 150 though. Those boats are heavy, I hope the 150 will push it ok!
That 150 should push it just fine.
hardhead

Post by hardhead »

Thanks salty tiger. Glad to hear you like the 226. Yeah I read the entire thread on robalo over on the hull truth. Several times. And I noted the cayman owners all seemed up on that cayman owners only site. I'll definitely be joining as soon as I get my hull number(I think that's what I need to join). I see your ski tow bar. I got one of those as well and will be scowering the Boat club for ideas on how to get a power pole on my boat so it doesn't fowl the ski rope. Man I'm ready. I've been boat shopping for several years now. Starting to get excited.