Keaton beach damage.

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Keaton beach damage.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Wow have y'all seen these pictures? Image. Image. Image. Image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton beach damage.

Post by Blue spinner »

glad i went down and got my trailer out at Econfina ,the one trailer i left did not get any water in it
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

How is Ms. Selma?
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Just terrible. I used to like to go out on that pier, not no more. :roll: I wonder what it did to the seagrasses?
Yours in the South
jzimmer

Post by jzimmer »

Spent all day Saturday at Keaton getting everything out of our place there.Water was tr0hree ft in house, deck and dock gone
2 floating docks in yard plus lots of parts of other docks.Ours is an older house and not elevated so we had damage , but ones up seemed to have escaped damage except for what was under them.Most damage was to docks.We are on the left on marina drive and I dont think there is a dock left on that side.All docks at boat ramp are gone. Going to be a while before things are back to normal down there. Lots of stuff floatng in water so be carefulwent by bait house and all holding tanks were smashed to front of building.Dont believe there will be much fall fishing. Just glad everybody was ok
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

jzimmer wrote:Spent all day Saturday at Keaton getting everything out of our place there.Water was tr0hree ft in house, deck and dock gone
2 floating docks in yard plus lots of parts of other docks.Ours is an older house and not elevated so we had damage , but ones up seemed to have escaped damage except for what was under them.Most damage was to docks.We are on the left on marina drive and I dont think there is a dock left on that side.All docks at boat ramp are gone. Going to be a while before things are back to normal down there. Lots of stuff floatng in water so be carefulwent by bait house and all holding tanks were smashed to front of building.Dont believe there will be much fall fishing. Just glad everybody was ok
. Sorry to hear about the damage to your house. Hope you are able to rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jzimmer

Post by jzimmer »

Footnote to previous post about damage. It could have been a lot worst at house if not for Jerry , who use to run marina,.
I had been on road for 8 hrs and got back and heard lastest storm upgdate and looked like I was fixing to get back in truck and drive 4 hrs to Keaton to get my 2 boats out of yard and to higher ground. Called Jerry at D & J Enterprises, his boat repair business and with out hesitation he said he would be glad to go down and get hoth boats for me. Called an hour later and had them moved.A BIG SHOUT OUT TO JERRY FOR HIS HELP.
ddb

Post by ddb »

Glad things turned out for you fairly well. Lots of damage down there. Jerrys a great guy. Lots of good folks down there.