Econfina super Friday....except

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Econfina super Friday....except

Post by RHTFISH »

What a great day on Friday! Got out with my best friend about light (almost) and had a great day. There had to be a frustration. About midmorning a TTop fiberglass comes to us and we are alone and not in flotilla toward Aucilla. They stop about 15 boat lengths away and watch awhile and then half circle us and stop again. Could it be more obvious what they are doing!
Line up...split the difference...and mark our spot. We're about the only boat in sight so no coincidence involved. I'm sure someone will recognize the boat and time and location and hopefully pass along that they really pissed me off. I'd rather someone just start fishing along with us than pull a cheap trick like that.
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina super Friday....except

Post by DixieReb »

I don't like it when somebody gets in my drift like that. I will go toward other boats and stay a respectable distance to see how they are doing, but try not to run where they are fishing. Sounds like you were in them good.
Yours in the South
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

I know which boat your talking about. There was a lady on board with a man. I was in a G3 hope I didn't get too close.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Trout fishing is a group sport. I used to laugh and tell guys to watch this. Be all alone, throw out a milk jug and see people coming from everywhere.

Hate that someone is obnoxious enough to track someone's drift like that. Having said that, I got cussed once for starting a drift over a 1/2 mile away that ended close because the wind shifted. Didn't realize we had shifted until I hear the obscenities. I gave that captain the sign that he was #1 with me. Of course, I was drifting on my own gps mark, not the other boat.
Last edited by MudDucker on November 21st, 2016, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

MudDucker your right it's a group sport. Think of it this way. Put a lot of bait in one area and the fish will come to eat! The people will go home with filled coolers.
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

:smt021
wishin2bfishin

Post by wishin2bfishin »

I feel the same way about some dive boats. Numerous times, we've been trolling grouper and a dive boat stops on our number and throws out the flag. We just have to fuss and leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

homboyfsu wrote:MudDucker your right it's a group sport. Think of it this way. Put a lot of bait in one area and the fish will come to eat! The people will go home with filled coolers.
Is that a joke?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
EconfinaTripod

Post by EconfinaTripod »

Really! Gulf waters are open to all who have license to fish, your drift line is open to all. Unless they are tossing bait in your boat, get over it.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

EconfinaTripod wrote:Really! Gulf waters are open to all who have license to fish, your drift line is open to all. Unless they are tossing bait in your boat, get over it.
LMAO! No drift when you're anchored! Got on one side and then half circled to split the difference for my position! Sucks in my book! Yes, Gulf waters are open so go find your own damn spot especially when there is not another boat is sight! I was sharing a frustration and not asking for advice! I'm pretty old and damn well set in my ways and only get over what I wish and see as advantageous to my life, liberty and my pursuit of happiness!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.