Poll: Has flats fishing gotten worse over the years?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

doomtrpr_z71

Re: Poll: Has flats fishing gotten worse over the years?

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Tannin stained water is not very conductive to photosynthesis plus flood waters usually leads to increased epibionts. Frankly, I fished freshwater until 14 and I think the seagrass is doing great now compared to 14, it also seems healthier as I didn't see as many epibionts on it this year while scalloping.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

2Salty wrote:"Stressors include reduced optical water quality, which has resulted from elevated phytoplankton concentrations and water color in the region. Tropical storms Debby and Andrea in the early summers of 2012 and 2013, respectively, and heavy rains in July 2013 caused rivers to discharge large volumes of darkly colored, nutrient–rich water, reducing water clarity and dramatically increasing phytoplankton levels in the coastal region during the remainder of the growing season."
Can we attribute your recent participation on this forum to getting banned from Florida sportsman forum?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

My last 4 saltwater trips have been great compared to what they were, say, one year ago. And we haven't had any rain to speak of in almost 3 months. Go figure! ;-)
Yours in the South