REDTROUT SHOOTOUT MAY 20, 2017

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RedTrout

REDTROUT SHOOTOUT MAY 20, 2017

Post by RedTrout »

The Kevin's Fine Outdoor Gear & Apparel RedTrout Shootout presented by Fresh Country 103.1 The Wolf is going down on May 20, 2017. SO HERE'S THE DEAL. If you Pre-Register your team by May 12, you and each of your team members will receive a raffle ticket to win a (4) day (3) night stay in a (2) bedroom (2) bath beachside villa at SeaSpray Resort and Marina in Hopetown, Abaco, Bahamas!!! Drawing will take place at the tournament banquet on Friday, May 12, at Cross Creek Par 3 Golf Course & Driving Range. Entry fee for pre-registered anglers is $75. So register early, save money & get a chance to win a trip. Entry forms are available at Kevin's and Jerry's Bait & Tackle or download one by clicking the link http://redtroutshootout.com/docs/2017_R ... y-Form.pdf

If you don't have tickets to the banquet and would like to come or if you have any questions, feel free to contact me at (850) 528-0553
http://www.redtroutshootout.com
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Re: REDTROUT SHOOTOUT MAY 20, 2017

Post by GaryDroze »

Must you be present at the banquet to win the raffle? I gotta track meet that Friday.
RedTrout

Post by RedTrout »

You don't need to be present - just have your entry in by Friday!!!
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Thanks! One more question: The 7:00am time for "Lines in the water" makes sense for the October versions of the Shootout Tournaments, when first light is just past 7:00am. But first light is an hour earlier in May (6:13am on May 20, according to www.timeanddate.com). At the captain's meeting, can you address possibly moving start time for fishing closer to 6am to match the earlier sunrise?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I haven't gotten a call or email yet, so I guess I won't be going to the Bahamas any time soon.

Anyone know who won the early entry drawing?

Brian, can you share?
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

So what were the weights of the top ten ? I saw some faces on F/B but no weights.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Can't speak to winning stringer. We tied for 10th with 7.7#, but registered 2nd and therefore no check. Jr dice's red was big and spotted, 7.1# with 8 spots. Rainey had the big trout at 4#. Goodson won luck of the draw
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

I think 10.8 won it. If I overheard correctly
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Thanks, I fished couple hours Sat. morning....pretty tough :smt004
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Tough conditions for sure with the wind and a boat every 40 yards or less.

Congrats to the winners!
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Dave, was that you I saw early on in the Stoney Bayou side creek? I waved from my canoe. LONG day for paddling in the wind. I finished with nothing better than a 24" red and 17" trout, pounding every SB side creek I could find. Kudos to those who found the bigguns.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Yep, that was me Gary. You were sitting in my spot. :lol: Figured no one else but you would have the gumption to paddle out there. Did you place?

I didn't see a single red and matched you for my best trout. Sounds like farther east was the ticket.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

GaryDroze wrote:Dave, was that you I saw early on in the Stoney Bayou side creek? I waved from my canoe. LONG day for paddling in the wind. I finished with nothing better than a 24" red and 17" trout, pounding every SB side creek I could find. Kudos to those who found the bigguns.
Gary, we saw you when we came by about 7ish. I couldn't see a canoe, just the shape of a person where we wanted to fish. Guess that's a popular spot.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

And you can see why I don't fish on Saturday. :smt012 :lol:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I busted hump to get there before 7am incoming tide. Lost 2 overslot trout in that spot in my first 3 casts. Either one would have put me on the money board with my 24" red, but it don't count until you get them in the boat. Guess it is not a secret spot like I thought!

For the right price, I can tell you guys about some other nice spots in that area that work on a low tide!