100% Free -- 4' Light Fixtures

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

100% Free -- 4' Light Fixtures

Post by big bend gyrene »

Will try to keep a long story short -- in a move to improve specialized lighting for exams, our office recently converted specially constructed light boxes using fluorescent fixtures to an LED option.

Result is that I have 28 4' two-tube fixtures (corded plug in style / don't require hard wiring) now taking up space in my increasingly cluttered office (picture shows 12 but got 16 more in another corner).
IMG_20170615_102511.jpg
These are not particularly old fixtures -- approximately 5 years old and used in a very clean environment. Almost all had both bulbs still lit when pulled, but as we'll no longer be using any 4' flourescents I can even throw in a free box of replacement tubes.

If no board members can use them but know someone who can PM me and let me know. :thumbup:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

Re: 100% Free -- 4' Light Fixtures

Will add, while my preference is to give as many away at one time as possible I also can see how a few board members might want 3 or 4 for shop / closet / etc use versus taking all. Accordingly, feel free to throw your hat in the ring even if you just want a couple. I'll give preference to whomever wants the most, but if nobody is wanting a big lot of them may still have extras left over.

Also will say, with the fixtures being free easy enough to buy LED bulbs for them and still come out cheaper than if buying full LED fixture set. We looked at that option, but for a number of reasons changed styles to maximize lumens for skin exams so didn't reuse the same fixtures.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
tabb

Post by tabb »

I could use 5 or six of them.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I could use 4-6 for my Lanark project.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
big bend gyrene

Tabb and MudDucker, long as y'all can pick them up in Tallahassee I'm good with putting you down for 6 each. Will try to PM you both tonight with an address for pickup (right off of I-10 / very convenient as TLH goes).

Combined with PM request, have 4 left for anyone who sees this update.
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

I'll take em! PM coming.
fredhey

Post by fredhey »

If you have any left, I would take 6 to 10 or any number you have left.