scallops 2017

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

eastcoastfisher

scallops 2017

Post by eastcoastfisher »

Coming from the tallahassee area, trying to decide whether or not to go to keaton, deckle, st marks, or steinhatchee this weekend for scallops....Any suggestions? i haven't been able to scout because of work and I rather not make a wasted trip. I went to Keaton last weekend and it was a graveyard! I was hoping st marks would produce...anyway all suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! thanks!
HookemBookem1

Re: scallops 2017

Post by HookemBookem1 »

Headed down next week for the first time of the seasl but I talked to my cousin who is down in the hatch now. They limited out with 10 gallons around dallus creek the first day and then south of the channel yesterday about 2 mile. From what I hear there is nothing much north of Keaton but if you go south it shouldn't take much effort. Haven't heard much good scouting reports from st marks yet

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
craSSh

Post by craSSh »

I fished St Marks yesterday. Water was murky like iced tea. I couldn't see the oyster bars unless I was right on them. Fished around Rock Garden to scout for scallops... didn't see the first one. Had a buddy fish there about a month ago before all the rain and he saw plenty but they weren't there yesterday. Good luck wherever you decide to go.
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Yes Dallus is where its at.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki