St. Joe/San Blas 6/26-7/3, a little late, a little long

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dbplug
Site Sponsor

St. Joe/San Blas 6/26-7/3, a little late, a little long

Post by dbplug »

Better late than never. Spent the week with my wife and 3 kids at Cape San Blas. 18yo boy, 15yo and 12 yo daughters. We stayed almost on the doorstep of the park entrance.

Sat. 6/26 travel day, evening surf fishing, several whiting, some keeper size, 4’ shark and several DS’s all on dead shrimp. Test the pool, water is too warm, settle for the shower. Never tried the pool again. Relax.

Sun. 6/27 Boating and scallop scouting for the whole family. Put in at Eagle Harbor in the morning. Entrance fee is $7 with a launch, no weekly passes anymore. Annual is $80 something. Head to usual spots and potholes around Blacks Island, saw 2 full grown scallops in four hours. Saw several vary small ones. There are no scallops yet. I do not think they have matured. Several other folks through the week saw no scallops. Off the water at 2:30. Clean the motor, relax. Attempt to chase the wife around the beach, up and down the stairs, she does not scare.

Mon. 6/28 Beach day with family, surf fish early. Whiting, DS’s, one keeper Spanish on a silver spoon. Wash the boat. Some preventative maintenance. Relax.

Tues. 6/29 Serious fishing day with son and eldest daughter. Hit Eagle Harbor at 7:30AM. NOTE: they do not open until 8AM. Lady reads son the riot act for coming in early(gate was open) He is crushed – I say you will both get over it.
Head to spot in south of bay where the depth changes from 3’ to 16’ over about a boats length. Grassy. Hook up on something very large and barely mobile on a candy corn. I am thinking ray. Fifteen minutes later a large sea turtle surfaces. Hooked on the shell. Line breaks at jig thankfully. Son starts hooking small trout right and left, is a little disappointed, daughter very disappointed and now questioning why she wanted to come in the first place. Oh, boy, I am waiting to hear it --- “ its hotâ€
for petes sake
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Outstanding!! Humorus and captivating. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Three Thumbs Up!
BIG
Site Sponsor

Post by BIG »

WOW! Sweet! Priceless.
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Great, great report! WOW! Ain't nothin' like it! Congratulations. I can't wait to hear the cobia report. Man o' man. Thanks for that, and we'll be waiting! :thumbup: :thumbup:
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

Yeah yeah yeah, but what of the wife? You thought of the right goo goo and the right line yet - for pete's sake!
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Great report. :thumbup:
SneakyBooger

Post by SneakyBooger »

Another excellent story db :thumbup:

No pics?

Thanks again,
Sneak