Carrabelle 7/3-7/4

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

birddog
Site Sponsor

Carrabelle 7/3-7/4

Post by birddog »

Sat.--
Chased grouper north of the O tower in 65' of water with my father in law and my brother in law. The bite was ON between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. We managed to box 15 gags and red grouper between 20 " and 30 ", 2 nice Kings up to 40", 1 red snapper, and a slew of grunts and triggerfish . Caught everything on frozen LY's, cigar minnows, spanish sardines , and squid. Back at Carrabelle Marina, boat washed up, and headed to Mexico beach by 3:30. Great dayon the water.

Sun.--
Sundays crew consisted of my wife, her father, my niece, and myself. Left Carrabelle Marina by 8:00 a.m. and fish the same 65' of water north of O the tower as on Sat.
The bite was a little slower today but we still were able to land 13 keeper gags and red grouper up to 28 " and twice as many grunts as Sat. Had a 10' Hammerhead circle the boat a few times, then hit a bottom rig. Man that thing could PULL!. Thankfully he cut the leader about 5 min. after he hit. He was definately gonna spool my reel. Again caught everything on frozen cut bait.
Back on the hill by 1:00 and headed back to Mexico beach. A great 2 days off shore. Can't wait until next time.
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

:thumbup: :thumbup: 8)
SneakyBooger

Post by SneakyBooger »

wtg BD.

btw, you didn't really box any 20" grouper did you? Caught em maybe, but probably didn't box em? :o
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

20 " red grouper, yes sir!
SneakyBooger

Post by SneakyBooger »

Lucky dog! ;-)