Crum's Mini Mall - Panacea, For Sale?

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FishWithChris

Crum's Mini Mall - Panacea, For Sale?

Post by FishWithChris »

Got a text this morning about Crum's being listed for sale. I have not seen anything formal elsewhere other than some casual individual postings. Who has the news?

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Crum's Mini Mall - Panacea, For Sale?

Post by DixieReb »

Crum's is a great place to stop in and browse, I've bought a lot of tackle there. I hope somebody good will buy it and keep it open.
Yours in the South
dropaline

Post by dropaline »

He has to have a bunch of money just in inventory!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

i know the niece of the owners really well and she said that they're selling due to health reasons. hate to hear this.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

It had to hurt when Rockys opened
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Hate this. Nice folks, nice place to shop.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

A lot of folks on here talked about boycotting him due to his suit over net band. He released a statement that he was not attacking the net ban, he was attacking the small net mesh size because it was causing too much kill of smaller fish. He and his staff have always been very friendly and I hate to see him get out. Been shopping there since I was a kid.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

MudDucker wrote:A lot of folks on here talked about boycotting him due to his suit over net band. He released a statement that he was not attacking the net ban, he was attacking the small net mesh size because it was causing too much kill of smaller fish. He and his staff have always been very friendly and I hate to see him get out. Been shopping there since I was a kid.
He absolutely challenged the net ban more than once. Many people stopped shopping there as a direct result. It was like a ghost town there last snapper season
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

MudDucker wrote:A lot of folks on here talked about boycotting him due to his suit over net band. He released a statement that he was not attacking the net ban, he was attacking the small net mesh size because it was causing too much kill of smaller fish. He and his staff have always been very friendly and I hate to see him get out. Been shopping there since I was a kid.

MD, as an attorney I'm sure you can appreciate the fact that the "baby fish" argument has been rejected multiple times by appellate courts. RFC has played both sides, supporting an overturn on the ban on gill nets while continuing to make money off recreational anglers. Many consumers decided enough was enough and are spending hard-earned dollars elsewhere with businesses that aren't filing frivolous lawsuits attacking the sport they love.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

silverking wrote:

MD, as an attorney I'm sure you can appreciate the fact that the "baby fish" argument has been rejected multiple times by appellate courts. RFC has played both sides, supporting an overturn on the ban on gill nets while continuing to make money off recreational anglers. Many consumers decided enough was enough and are spending hard-earned dollars elsewhere with businesses that aren't filing frivolous lawsuits attacking the sport they love.
As an attorney, I've won more than a few cases that others described as frivolous. In the article. Crumm said his lawyer guaranteed him a win. Bold statement, but negates that he thinks what he is doing is frivolous.

As for rejection by other courts, I haven't read any of the old cases, but I know that FWC seems to like out of date and inaccurate data to support their position.

BTW, I was for the net ban and still am. I am also for any citizens right to challenge government actions that they believe to be outside of what the government should do.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

MudDucker wrote:
FWC seems to like out of date and inaccurate data to support their position.
THE UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR! :thumbup:
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

MudDucker wrote:
silverking wrote:

As an attorney, I've won more than a few cases that others described as frivolous. In the article. Crumm said his lawyer guaranteed him a win. Bold statement, but negates that he thinks what he is doing is frivolous.

As for rejection by other courts, I haven't read any of the old cases, but I know that FWC seems to like out of date and inaccurate data to support their position.

BTW, I was for the net ban and still am. I am also for any citizens right to challenge government actions that they believe to be outside of what the government should do.
His attorney must have known Judge Jackie. She liked to give friends favors, until it got her kicked off the bench
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Salty Gator wrote:
He absolutely challenged the net ban more than once. Many people stopped shopping there as a direct result. It was like a ghost town there last snapper season
But you did not though, right? You don't believe in that! ;-) :lol:
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

onefishtwofish wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
But you did not though, right? You don't believe in that! ;-) :lol:
Absolutely I did. As Mr Crum is free to spend his money on any lawsuit he wants. I am also free not to spend my money where I don’t want to. I don’t shop at wal mart either.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Salty Gator wrote: I don’t shop at wal mart either.
You're missing some great entertainment. :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/