• Advertisement
beavisrealty.com

Please Support our Sponsors

Had a good day Tuesday

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Inshore Fishing Reports Forum Sponsored By

Had a good day Tuesday

Postby slow motion » January 15th, 2020, 2:47 pm

Started fishing a creek mouth around 8:30 with live shrimp. Caught 6 reds 18-20 inches before I drifted in too shallow. Fished a few deep holes and only caught short trout the largest being around 14 inches. When the tide turned I moved onto some shallow flats and fished a chartreuse twitch bait. Immediately hooked a nice trout and decided to keep it for dinner so I netted it. Funny how a fish can immediately throw the hook and at the same time embed it in the net in such a way that I spent 10 minutes trying to disentangle it. Finally in frustration as I am cutting it out I had a flashback to watching the scene in the movie Grumpy Old Men where the bottom has been cut out of his net. Bite slowed when the tide reached the grass. I watched a true master fisherman (an otter), enjoyed some solitude, and had a great day on the water. Took a few pics but not savvy enough to include.
slow motion

Re: Had a good day Tuesday

Postby DixieReb » January 15th, 2020, 9:12 pm

:thumbup: Sounds like a fun day, good job on the reds! Shrimp is hard to beat on trout and reds.
Yours in the South
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Postby wallisam » Yesterday, 9:51 am

had a good day Tuesday also. caught fish most of the day, did bring home a mess, fun day
wallisam

Postby procraftwes » Yesterday, 12:18 pm

I suck at winter time fishing and can never seem to find them..I typically fish artificials and gulp baits but I think i'm going to try some live shrimp.

Good on you for catching them.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Postby Salty Gator » Yesterday, 1:38 pm

Thanks for the report. We saw an otter in a creek a couple of weeks back also. You never know what you are going to see out there
Turn off your mind relax and float downstream
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Postby Juan » Yesterday, 5:20 pm

Great first report! Welcome to the forum. :thumbup: Ya might want to try a rubber dipped net. They protect the fish better and your lures won't get stuck or tangled.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Juan
Site Sponsor

Postby Srbenda » Yesterday, 6:23 pm

An otter spotting? Fantastic!
All photos copyright @saverymill
Srbenda

Postby silverking » Yesterday, 6:31 pm

Welcome aboard and thanks for the report.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
silverking
Site Sponsor

Postby slow motion » Yesterday, 8:51 pm

Thanks for the replies, suggestions, and welcomes. Been following along for a while. You guys are who I learned from to try creek mouths and to fish shallow flats on a sunny afternoon incoming tide this time of year. So thanks for all you have taught me thus far. Great tip about the rubber dipped net. I typically try to only net a fish I plan to keep but sometimes do misjudge their size in the water.
slow motion

Return to Inshore Fishing Reports