Skunked

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Nopatients

Skunked

Post by Nopatients »

I’m fishing out of Keaton and not having much luck over the past 3 weeks the water temps have cooled and fluctuated some but I’ve tried suspending lures, live shrimp, cut bait, spoons, gulp shrimp with little success it hasn’t been complete skunks but it’s been a fish here or there that has kept me from it I’ve fished out to 4’ of water in the flats all the way to poling a skiff into the creeks I’ve fished falling tides and incoming tides.... will trade beer for info not asking for spots but just a little help I normally do well but it has been a struggle recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robalo 246
Cast and Blast 17
Srbenda

Re: Skunked

Post by Srbenda »

No idea what's happening in Keaton, but in St. Mark's I've had some luck fishing popping corks in 3' to 4' around oyster bars.

Water temps have been 59f to 64f

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
All photos copyright @saverymill
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

been catching them at Keaton on slow suspending plugs such as a rip n slash and floating stick minnow in real shallow water there.also try soft plastics fished real slow like everything else right now until the water warms up some.
Nopatients

Post by Nopatients »

I have fished mirror lure and yozuri as slow as I can I’ve used suspending and slow sinking, rattles no rattles I haven’t been hammering the soft baits much that’ll be my next thing I try I guess I’ve been throwing them some just not as frequently as the suspending baits
Robalo 246
Cast and Blast 17
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Nopatients wrote:I have fished mirror lure and yozuri as slow as I can I’ve used suspending and slow sinking, rattles no rattles I haven’t been hammering the soft baits much that’ll be my next thing I try I guess I’ve been throwing them some just not as frequently as the suspending baits
Brother, you are throwing the whole tackle box and they aren’t biting. It’s not the wrong lure, you just aren’t in the fish. If you were, any of the lures you mentioned would work. MPA said he was getting them shallow. I’d go as shallow possible if I were you. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Nopatients

Post by Nopatients »

I think I’ll head out north past spring warrior either that or I just have terrible timing
Robalo 246
Cast and Blast 17
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

mpa_72001 wrote:been catching them at Keaton on slow suspending plugs such as a rip n slash and floating stick minnow in real shallow water there.also try soft plastics fished real slow like everything else right now until the water warms up some.
Mike, water temp was 69 out there yesterday.