Dekle February 22

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DekleBeachNole

Dekle February 22

Post by DekleBeachNole »

Went fishing out of Dekle Saturday around Noon once we had enough water to get out of the channel. Headed North to the first set of oyster bars and fished Gulps without popping corks in about 2.5'-3' of water. Managed to catch 6 Reds, 2 of which were keepers. 1 measured in at 19" and the other was a nice 25" hog. Was a lil breezy when we first got out but the wind dropped a lil as the day went on. Surprisingly not one Trout or Bluefish was caught. Great day all around. Plan on fishing the weekend of March 7 weather permitting and will report back. Go Noles
FishWithChris

Re: Dekle February 22

Post by FishWithChris »

Appreciate the report! Reds are plentiful right now, I hear.. just gotta stay on top of those jombos! Any other tips from around the area, recently?

(Full disclosure: We have our first North Florida Gulf Fishing Club (NFGFC) tournament out of Keaton on Saturday, :lol: :lol: )

Have you ever tournament fished before? We'd love to have ya come out! If you're on Facebook, look up NFGFC, otherwise look for posts here or on the site at www.NFGFC.com; you don't have to join the club to fish the first tournament; Keaton is usually one of our larger tourneys of the year.
DekleBeachNole

Post by DekleBeachNole »

I have fished out of Dekle my entire life (45 years) so any questions you have I'll be happy to try and answer. Yes, I have fished multiple tourneys Rock the Dock, Optimist Club, etc. When you have your Keaton tourneys must you launch from the Keaton ramp? I have a key to the private Dekle ramp, and stay far far away from that ramp at Keaton LOL!
And, how much is membership in NFGFC?
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

DekleBeachNole wrote:I have fished out of Dekle my entire life (45 years) so any questions you have I'll be happy to try and answer. Yes, I have fished multiple tourneys Rock the Dock, Optimist Club, etc. When you have your Keaton tourneys must you launch from the Keaton ramp? I have a key to the private Dekle ramp, and stay far far away from that ramp at Keaton LOL!
And, how much is membership in NFGFC?
Ramp specific, must launch from Keaton for this tournament (I understand trying to stay away from the crazy, though!). You can launch whenever, but cannot throttle down or put lines in the water until after specific time, typically safe light - or in this case for Saturday, 6:41am ET

Membership dues are $50/year,
NFGFC.com wrote: 1. Teams may consist of up to four members.

2. One team member must be at least 18 years of age. All members of a registered team must fish from the same vessel.

3. Kids 15 and under fish for FREE but count toward the 4 angler team. Kids 5 and under do not count towards the teams limit.

4. In the event of an unforeseen situation that would result in a team composed entirely of non-members, and if this team finishes in the top 3 for the tournament, one membership fee will be deducted from the team’s winnings.

5. Non-members may fish no more than two tournaments a calendar year.

6. Entry fees are 1 angler $40.00, 2 anglers $60.00, 3 anglers $80.00 and 4 angles $100.00 . Each additional angler non-member must pay a $5 non-member fee. (This fee will go toward the 90% payout with 10% being held in reserve for the Angler of The Year Purse and will not go toward a membership purchased at a later date)

Tournament schedule and rules can be found here: https://nfgfc.com/tournaments-and-rules

Hope to see you out there!

We have our first meeting tomorrow night at Bumpa's in Tallahassee; starts at 7pm but get there early. NFGFC is also going live tonight on Facebook for more conversation around formats and existing questions.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Nopatients

Post by Nopatients »

I just purchased a place at Keaton and am living here full time now I’d love to meet up with some other local people and fish
Ashley
Robalo 246
Cast and Blast 17
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Sounds like you were up in my territory that day. I was trying to catch a few mullet in the first creek north of Adams.
Seafoam green Stumpnocker.
Semper Fi