Yates Creek Tues. Mar.10th.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Yates Creek Tues. Mar.10th.

Post by CSMarine »

Decided to risk the very skinny tide tues. Got to creek about 11:00am expecting to see the ramp at least wet. Not so. Three hours into the time the tide was supposed to be rising, it was still going out.
Finally had enough water to drag the Stumpnocker off the trailer into six inches of water. Five boats lined up behind me all taking bets whether I'd get it off. Got it off, with the help from the trolling motor got out to three foot. Water temp 60 degrees.
Benefit of being delayed at the ramp was that we had time to catch a bucket full of bait. Bait was exclusively shinner tails.
To sum up the day. Outstanding day on the water. We caught so many big Reds today my wife ran out of strength reeling huge 28 to 35 inch fish. Lost count how many. Finally caught a runt 26 inches and one 25 inches. We caught six keeper Trout with one over twenty. One Spanish. One Blue Fish, and one very mad crab.
We had a run in with the biggest Bull Shark I've ever met face to face. He chased ever fish we hooked for a while. Then he circled the boat so close I could have patted him on the head, then he was gone. So was all the fish after that so we headed to the hill, and a fine fish, grits, and fried taters supper.
Attachments
Resized_20200310_162446.jpg
Semper Fi
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Yates Creek Tues. Mar.10th.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Awesome report. Hope to get out there soon myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Great job, Billy. How did you manage a day when the wind wasn't blowing like crazy?
Yours in the South
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Hey there Reb actually it was dead calm. Barely a breeze. Beautiful day.
Went back out this afternoon for about an hour and a half. Caught six Reds. Three over 27, one 26.5, one 25, and one 22 inches. We caught two trout over 20 also. Had a hard time catching pinfish today.
Attachments
Resized_20200311_184002.jpeg
Semper Fi
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Good to see some big reds showing back up.
I haven't seen a dead calm day in months. It seems that every time a Stinson family member drags a boat toward a boat ramp, the wind howls. We've become accustomed to it and learned to put down two anchors and a Power Pole to hold the boat still....
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Great report. Thanks
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Wow , those are some nice reds, good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk