• Advertisement
beavisrealty.com


Please Support our Sponsors

How long until they close the boat ramps?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.
Image

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Boating Forum Sponsored By

How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby procraftwes » March 23rd, 2020, 1:28 pm

They closed mashes sands and shell point beach. If there's another weekend like last weekend with 4-5 boats rafted up at the sandbar and up the wakulla I feel like they'll close the boat ramps and force marinas to close. They are doing it all up and down the florida coasts and because of our relatively low population I feel like we can keep them open. One picture in any of the 2 or 3 places I saw last weekend and before would be enough to cause a shi*storm online.

So if you know anyone from the typical hangout spots let them know that using their own anchor and keeping a reasonable distance from other boats is the way to go or even better go find you're own space. I like a good sandbar party as much as the next guy but the past 2 weekends have been like memorial day every sat and sun and i'd like to keep fishing and hanging out with my wife on the boat with all this time off and i'm sure you guys feel the same.

Groups of 10 or larger are a no go and it's easier to close the ramp than police the water.
User avatar
procraftwes
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 477
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 5:20 pm


Re: How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby Srbenda » March 23rd, 2020, 5:02 pm

Agreed.
Hoping the Shell Island Fish Camp, Shields, and other marinas are able to stay open.
All photos copyright @saverymill
User avatar
Srbenda
 
Posts: 428
Joined: February 11th, 2018, 9:33 am

Re: How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby edif » March 23rd, 2020, 5:09 pm

Heard today Shell Island is seriously considering closing due to lack of traffic.
edif
 
Posts: 31
Joined: February 6th, 2016, 10:27 am

Re: How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby procraftwes » March 23rd, 2020, 8:16 pm

edif wrote:Heard today Shell Island is seriously considering closing due to lack of traffic.


That's surprising. If they aren't getting business it's something else. Maxed out parking at the fort and shields on saturday and sunday. River, flats and offshore are as busy as ever.
User avatar
procraftwes
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 477
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 5:20 pm

How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby Red Beard » March 24th, 2020, 7:45 pm

Even if they do close the boat ramps, won’t they have to still let the commercial guys put in?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Red Beard
 
Posts: 50
Joined: March 16th, 2020, 9:06 pm

Re: How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby doomtrpr_z71 » March 25th, 2020, 8:02 pm

All Taylor co ramps will remain open per the county commissioner meeting tonight
doomtrpr_z71
 
Posts: 402
Joined: March 3rd, 2015, 1:09 pm

Re: How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby SHOWBOAT » March 26th, 2020, 7:56 am

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:All Taylor co ramps will remain open per the county commissioner meeting tonight


Isn’t econfina a Taylor County ramp? I thought the annual Fl State Park pass didn’t work there, and you had to have a pass from the Taylor County courthouse.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
User avatar
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 2446
Joined: March 7th, 2006, 10:12 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby doomtrpr_z71 » March 26th, 2020, 8:41 am

SHOWBOAT wrote:
doomtrpr_z71 wrote:All Taylor co ramps will remain open per the county commissioner meeting tonight


Isn’t econfina a Taylor County ramp? I thought the annual Fl State Park pass didn’t work there, and you had to have a pass from the Taylor County courthouse.

Ecofina is a state park, that's why it's closed, the aucilla ramp is a Taylor co ramp so it's still open.
doomtrpr_z71
 
Posts: 402
Joined: March 3rd, 2015, 1:09 pm

Re: How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby MudDucker » March 27th, 2020, 5:48 am

IMHO the closure of these remote ramps y the state, such as Econfina is really stupid. In fact, the closure of any ramps is stupid unless you can prove that they really are a hazard. If they are worried about folks gathering on sandbars, get out in a boat and police those sandbars. I pay the state a chunk of change for my license each year and that fee includes the use of these ramps.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
User avatar
MudDucker
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 6589
Joined: June 22nd, 2005, 3:07 pm
Location: Valdosta, Georgia

Re: How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby Duckboat » March 27th, 2020, 11:22 am

MudDucker wrote:IMHO the closure of these remote ramps y the state, such as Econfina is really stupid. In fact, the closure of any ramps is stupid unless you can prove that they really are a hazard. If they are worried about folks gathering on sandbars, get out in a boat and police those sandbars. I pay the state a chunk of change for my license each year and that fee includes the use of these ramps.

I could not agree more.
User avatar
Duckboat
 
Posts: 8
Joined: June 12th, 2011, 9:57 pm

Re: How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby cotton » March 27th, 2020, 2:16 pm

Duckboat wrote:
MudDucker wrote:IMHO the closure of these remote ramps y the state, such as Econfina is really stupid. In fact, the closure of any ramps is stupid unless you can prove that they really are a hazard. If they are worried about folks gathering on sandbars, get out in a boat and police those sandbars. I pay the state a chunk of change for my license each year and that fee includes the use of these ramps.

I could not agree more.
Almost seems criminally negligent to funnel folks to only a few launch points where crowds are sure to form. How dumb can they be!!
cotton
 
Posts: 228
Joined: November 10th, 2009, 10:59 pm

Re: How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby Blue spinner » March 27th, 2020, 4:49 pm

let me add my 2 cent to this
well with the ramp closed at econfina not haven to pick up much trash on the road
but it's still funny to see them boaters flying down the road only to come flying back up the road pounding on the dashboard
not finding any road treasure ether
ye we all miss our ramps
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: May 23rd, 2011, 8:26 am
Location: Pelham Ga./Econfina

Re: How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby Salty Gator » March 27th, 2020, 5:27 pm

I’m surprised those rocks are still there
Turn off your mind relax and float downstream
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: April 17th, 2010, 7:23 pm
Location: Tallahassee

Re: How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby Blue spinner » March 27th, 2020, 6:32 pm

Salty Gator wrote:I’m surprised those rocks are still there

they do move
just watch your toes
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: May 23rd, 2011, 8:26 am
Location: Pelham Ga./Econfina

Re: How long until they close the boat ramps?

Postby fishinfool » March 28th, 2020, 7:18 am

I was told that they set up security cameras at the same time the rocks were dropped, to be able to watch the rocks move.
User avatar
fishinfool
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 2910
Joined: June 17th, 2009, 8:58 pm

Next

Return to Boating

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Home | Weather | Tides & Moon | Pictures | Links
Articles | Area Charts | Area Guides | Online Licenses | Discussion
Reports | Tips & Tricks | Feedback | Contact | About | Advertise

Copyright 2001 - 2012 BigBendFishing.Net