Mother's Day on the Bay

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Mother's Day on the Bay

Post by fishinfool »

Took Mom fishing for her Mother's Day gift. My trolling motor has been quite noisy and I ordered parts to fix it, but alas I ordered one too few and it was out of commision for Sunday's trip.
This limited our tactics. We started with a very quick drift, given the brisk wind conditions, in four feet of water on the East flats with no action. So I moved us into Stoney Bayou, which we had all to ourselves for the remainder of the day.
I played the "set up, power pole down, cast, drift, pole down, game until Mom started hooking up with Lady Fish on a chugger. They fight well and that is what makes her happy. After about 8-9 Ladies, Mom caught a nice 16" Trout that we released.
There was a Manatee that decided we were it's friend for about an hour, just hanging around the boat. It seemed to be slightly curious, but mostly just content to keep us company, until the power pole started scraping some rocks. That sound was apparently one that they do not like and it left.
Mom then scored a nice 18" Redfish on the chugger and a little later I picked up a 19 on a soft plastic and jig.
Decided to leave about 2 o'clock. Mom had a good day and I was glad to be able to put her on some fish.
ropeman

Re: Mother's Day on the Bay

Post by ropeman »

Great report!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Mother's Day on the Bay

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice work Jim
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven