Chirp Chirp

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Chirp Chirp

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:smt009 Sure is quiet around here. Like zero activity. :smt009 Man we need some fishing (or hunting) reports.
Red Beard

Re: Chirp Chirp

Post by Red Beard »

I know it… haven seen much fishing shared. Hopefully folks get back into it.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Harvest Time

John21:6

Chirp Chirp

Post by John21:6 »

Hit-n-Miss wrote::smt009 Sure is quiet around here. Like zero activity. :smt009 Man we need some fishing (or hunting) reports.
The headline to this thread, chirp chirp, made me think we were going to talk about chirp transducers.

I would love to post another fishing report, but I haven’t had a chance between work and weather.

For your entertainment however, I am posting a recent picture of deer that run up and down the narrow strip of green space behind my house.

Here are some pictures of hogs where I hope to hunt soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

I'll share a few pictures...temperatures finally have dropped so I was able to take my girl out to look for birds

A few deer hanging around in the back yard

Early duck season was just a day for me

My boy Reggie is gonna be coming home soon

FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

Great Pics! Glad its here too!
John21:6

Post by John21:6 »

Great photos, Danibeth. You are a true artist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

Thanks...
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Thanks Danibeth, very nice pictures.
That is some great, dense bird holding cover in the woodland picture, hard work for a lot of dogs.
Is that the reason for the collar fitted locator aerial ?
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

The collar is mainly used for gps for keeping track of Belle. It also alerts when she is on point. She's pretty little for a setter (at least compared to the ones I have seen) and here in FL, it is easy to "lose" her in the surrounding vegetation. I also travel out west with her and she ranges out more on the prairie so it also helps me keep track of her. The collar can also be a training collar, though that particular system is a bit cumbersome to use as a training collar. For the most part, I only need to use the tone these days to get her to come back to me.

She is out there but you can see that sometimes she can be tough to find quickly.

Out west she can really get out there. I try to keep her within 500 yards in big sky country.

The sage brush out west is often taller than my girl is.

I used the gps collar on my lab out west too because every so often he would get pheasant fever and haul ass to the horizon. It scared the bejeezus out of me the first time it happened. That week we had an alpha system delivered.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Awesome pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

That’s wild the tides are so low you can hunt those flats… wild world we live in. Lol

Y’all be safe on them hunts; looks like a big time!
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

Another good batch of pics, you have some lovely country there.
I have never worked springer spaniels, further than 30 yards, when flushing birds. At that distance they are trained to turn and sit at flush.
Not much experience with pointers, most of my game shooting has either been driven birds, or walked up flushing.
Its good to see any dog working, I always preferred to shoot with a dog, than without.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Belle certainly seems to enjoy her job. :D
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

Belle does indeed enjoy her job.
I have never worked springer spaniels, further than 30 yards, when flushing birds. At that distance they are trained to turn and sit at flush.
Not much experience with pointers, most of my game shooting has either been driven birds, or walked up flushing.
My lab was introduced to the upland game when he was 7. It took some doing but he eventually learned to stay within 30 yards but I hadn't thought to do the sit to flush training. That would have made life easier. I will have to work on that with my new pup that i'll be picking up in November.

Flushers may not be the best dogs for wide open spaces but Drake learned the upland game quick and more often than not, we found birds. My shooting may have left something to be desired though....he was one of the best dead bird finders I'd ever hunted behind. We lost very few birds with him.

It's definitely a totally different world when hunting pointy dogs vs flushers. Not sure which one I "like" better. I have enjoyed both quite a bit. This year will be a year that I have one of each so the hunting will be interesting...