Since it's dead in here, cedar key 12-5

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

doomtrpr_z71

Since it's dead in here, cedar key 12-5

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Had the opportunity to fish with Jimbo at saltwater assassin out of cedar key this week, I am very judgemental of charter people, but I put Jimbo and family in the same grouping as I do Asa Martin, good as gold. We took customers and salesmen down for a 2 boat trip this week, I can tell you one thing we learned for sure, don't take customers to the big deck and expect good service for supper.

But regardless the fishing was good and Jimbo had us on the fish the next morning and a great time was had by all.

Trout were chewing, reds were chewing
Black drum were chewing
A good time was had by all

Thankfully steamers was open for supper that night and we had an awesome meal with great service. Now we did get up the next morning with the intent of doing a half day, the weather sucked we fished till 10 caught a few keepers and decided 2nd Street Cafe for brunch sounded like a better idea.

This was my first trip to cedar key and it was neat fishing among all the little islands. It's only 15mins further from my house vs steinhatchee so I may actually take my boat down in 24 and find out just how good my navionics plus really is.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited by doomtrpr_z71 on December 8th, 2023, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John21:6

Re: Since it's dead in here, cedar key 12-5

Post by John21:6 »

That’s a very gaudy pile of fish. Great report.
slow motion

Post by slow motion »

Congratulations man.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Looks like a good day was had. I’m not sure I understand the “charter people” part.

Asa is good people.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Nice fish. Those dudes faces look splotchy though. :smt005
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

Looks like a fun day to me. Thanks for sharing!
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Red Beard wrote: December 10th, 2023, 2:18 pm Looks like a good day was had. I’m not sure I understand the “charter people” part.

Asa is good people.
That's exactly what I mean, Asa is a jam up dude and I hold him as the gold standard for a charter guide.

I had a very bad experience out of Captain Andersons and honestly I want the customers to have fun, not getting screamed at because a piece of lead hit the side of a 30 year old boat.

The funniest thing on this trip was watching Jimbo treat his boat like I treat mine :-D :-D :-D
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Fishing has been on fire lately.my last couple trips out with clients they've been loading the boat up.