Indian Pass fishing info needed

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Russ@R&R

Indian Pass fishing info needed

Post by Russ@R&R »

My wife & I will be coming down to Indian Pass, for the first time, next week. (5/19-22) We're staying at Indian Pass Campground, waterfront, near the boat ramp. Only problem is, I'm not bringing a boat. I need info on what fish go for, and with what bait, from the beach at the campground. I'm not particular as to species, (just something to strech my line & kill time) but would like to catch something other than cats/sailcats. Maybe something for the grill or deep fryer.

Thanks,

Russ Ferguson

R&R Outdoor Promotions Tournament Trail
dbplug
Site Sponsor

Post by dbplug »

Pompano should be running. Silver or white head with green, orange or red skirt. Catch sandfleas in the surf, find a wash in the first bar. You may have to walk south and then west to get to gulf front. Peeled shrimp should get you a lot of whiting and catfish.

Reds are in the area, just hard to hunt around the campground without a boat. You could wade, but watch the current, it roars at times.

Take a trip up to the state park. The water is worth the trip. Relax and have a great time.
for petes sake
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

What would I do?
The beaching/fishing option is:
Go to the stump hole and sand spike 2 or 3 rods with fresh shrimp. Use another rod for casting a Catch 2OOO, or a shrimp tipped pompano jig. Toss topwater if you get there at daybreak. Another must is to check out the oil docks for Spanish, also at daybreak. You probably have to go to the Pig sometime anyway.
By the way, the new Mexican restaraunt downtown is excellent.
mechanical_fisherman

Post by mechanical_fisherman »

I have not been to Indian Pass in several years, but we use to catch flounder west of the ramp by slowly moving down the beach and casting every few yards. If no bite just move down a little farther.
1-850-Bay-Fish
Site Sponsor

indian pass

Post by 1-850-Bay-Fish »

If you want to stay near the camp you can fish the pass side with fish-bites pink or white are working well. Right now you will be lucky to catch anything but whiteing there right now as far as something to eat goes. If you want pompano east beach is hot but did catch a few at the stumphole on fish-bites. The fleas were small size and no fish with them all we got were on the fish-bites. If you want to move around fish off the oil docks lots of spanish a few kings and even a few cobia this past week. Trout are there and flounder too. If you need directions call me at 1-850- bay-fish (229-3474) or call Half Hitch tackle 227-7100 they can steer ya around the beach spots. Good luck and have a safe trip. Captain Gary Goodrich :smt006ImageImage
nothing is free except cheese and its in a mouse trap