Econfina 10-14

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rogan
Site Sponsor

Econfina 10-14

Post by Rogan »

The fishing is still tooouuugghhhhh!! JCFlats and myself eased out the river and by some strange force was pulled to the left. We started in 4-6 ft and JC caught a short trout pretty quick. After that is got pretty slow with only about 3 hookups and another short for the next couple hours. We moved several times and fished both topwater and thunders in 3-10 ft of water but the bite was real slow. Floating grass made it difficult for topwater. JC hooked a couple real nice trout but they did'nt make it to the boat. He hooked 1 big shark that broke off and I hooked up on another large fish that we never saw. After moving several times JC finally found a 20" er and I managed a 15"er. We stopped out from the mouth of the river near some deeper water and managed to catch 6-7 shorts and we called it a day. It was a great day on the water regardless of the bite. Water temp was 81 degress at noon. It was windy early but became very nice around noon. :lol:
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

We're still picking up fish beyond the racks Rogan. I know they'll be moving in some with this cooler weather but I think deeper is still better right now.....it was for us anyhow. Glad ya'll had a good time.

tf
waitin

Post by waitin »

Good Post. We're planning on fishing the Econfina the 25-28th, hoping the early morning high tide will put some reds up shallow. I'm surprised the fish haven't started to come in shallow yet. Maybe by next weekend.
Good fishing to you!