Bass Pro to Tallahassee?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jeffry50

Re: Bass Pro to Tallahassee?

Post by Jeffry50 »

It has been said that with Kevin's you pay for the service. When I go in the store I can't get anybody to look my way. Also, most of the questions I have can't be answered by the younger crowd that works there. I have to do the research before going in. So where is the service?
boggob
Site Sponsor

Post by boggob »

I would support locals if it wasn't the rich man's fishing club. Nothing against the rich man, I'm just not a member. I've never had particularly good (or bad) service at Kevin's but they sure will help you find the most expensive item.

...Also, I am in not affiliated in any way, but no one has mentioned Blind Eye Outfitters.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

I initiated this post to find out what others might have heard. I understand that we
have opinions about other businesses but is this (BBF) the venue to discuss them?
It's an honest question.
MY opinion is that what I appreciate most about this forum is that we discuss fishing.
Other stuff matters, but I'd rather deal with it elsewhere.
Actually listening to what other people say is worth the effort.
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

I've got a buddy that is an electrical engineer for Tallahassee. He told me about 4 months ago that bass pro had talked with the city about building a store. He also said that there was another "high end" outdoors store that was comming as well. He couldn't remember the name at the time.
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

by the way, I've gotten prices at kevins that were lower than walmart.
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

BPS is building in Valdosta as we speak. I heard they passed Tallahassee up. I know that there will be a Sportsmans Warehouse at Fallschase.
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

There you have it. :D
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

No BD I am not kidding. And Jay you know I would never leave. I am treated too well and have way to much resspect for my boss and friend.
All things are possible when you turn your life to Jesus.If you don't know how just ask.
Fishman
Site Sponsor

Post by Fishman »

Kevins prices :thumbdown: I welcome competion poor boys have got to shop around :lol:
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Littoral wrote:I initiated this post to find out what others might have heard. I understand that we
have opinions about other businesses but is this (BBF) the venue to discuss them?
It's an honest question.
MY opinion is that what I appreciate most about this forum is that we discuss fishing.
Other stuff matters, but I'd rather deal with it elsewhere.

OK

I heard it was going up in Valdosta.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Jumptrout51 wrote:http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... ite=stores

I e mailed Basspro last night. They said if it is not on this map it is not happening soon. Red stars indicate future stores.
Map needs updating. I understand the deal was just inked for a Valdosta store at the new James Road development.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

and while we're on the subject, has anyone ever gotten any friendliness at Boater's World?
Other than the owner guy - the hired crew just seem to be in their own little boat world ... bunch of putzes
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Stu Utgaard the CEO of Sportsmans Warehouse, said their grand opening is May 29 here in Tallahassee, and they are in a center with Kohls, Costco, and one other place but I forgot the name. Can't get much better information than that.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

FSUAngler wrote:Kevin's holds a monopoly on the price of most specialty sporting goods in Tallahassee... especially ammunition. I welcome any new competition to the area. Don't get me wrong I like Kevin's, but I would take a lower price any day.

Come on. Who doesn't like Uncle Buck's beef jerky? :D

I like local stores in general and specifically, but that does NOT include Kevin's. Where else can you buy a sweater for $350, or a Stretch 30 for $3 more than in Panacea? No place else but Kevin's. Add a strange sort of smug, nuvo riche good ole boy, Thomasville Plantation air to the place and you got the atmosphere. Please, bring anything in that will provide some real competition for a better line of sporting goods, especially tackle. Sport's Authority carries junk.

EJ
No Slack

Post by No Slack »

Here is a link to the developer's website for the Fallschase location. It's gonna be a huge shopping area. http://www.aigbaker.com/properties_FL_fallschase.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;