Red Tide

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jighead

Red Tide

Post by Jighead »

Could anyone tell me about the Red Tide status off shore and inshore from St. Marks to Rock Island? I had planned on going to Econfina next week but don't know If I should. Just how bad is it? Thanks, Jighead
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: Red Tide

Post by fishinfool »

It looks like we might have dodged the Red Tide bullet this time around. Just south of Steinhatchee is the closest it is to us at this time. The cooler weather and water temps should knock it down even more. Follow the link for more official information. http://myfwc.com/research/redtide/statewide/
I was near Aucilla last week and saw no evidence of it. Also a friend was fishing out of Aucilla Thursday and Friday and made no mention of Red Tide or fish kills.
big bend gyrene

Re: Red Tide

Post by big bend gyrene »

Fished the same general area yesterday all the way out to a few miles past the 9 mile state-water/federal water line. Not a single dead floating fish spotted. :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945