Lake Talquin Sept 25-26 - Early Fall Bass tactic help

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Lake Talquin Sept 25-26 - Early Fall Bass tactic help

Post by CoastalPirate »

Ill be heading to Lake Talquin for the annual 2 day guy trip Sept 25-26. I've fished this body of water at least 4 times, now that I think about it I have fished every season of Talquin, but can't seem to dial in on early fall bass tactics without knowing what water temperatures ill be facing. Does anybody know what the water temp is out there around Late September? Also, if you have experience fishing this beautiful body of water what early fall tactics would you recommend? Ill be launching every day from McCall Bridge Rd. located almost smack dab in the middle of Talquin.
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
kikstand454

Re: Lake Talquin Sept 25-26 - Early Fall Bass tactic help

Post by kikstand454 »

I haven't been in a few weekends, so I'm not positive on the temp. It was mid 80s and falling two weeks ago.

Best place to start would be mid way back into creeks, looking for shad or schooling fish. Then, slowly move out to any off shore humps you can find in the mouths of the creeks. There will surely still be fish out on the main ledges, but numbers wise, you'll do better I believe by probing creek mouths. The shad will start to move into the creeks, more in time with the sunlight then the temp. Main lake and deep water docks will have bass on them as well.

Good luck..... I may be out there Sunday morning.
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Post by CoastalPirate »

Kikstand, thank you for the advice! We will do just that! Im pretty sure we will be out there Sunday morning. If you are fishing in that area look for the slow moving Mako. Ha Ha. I do not plan on losing a prop this trip.
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

Maybe I'll see ya!
Ill be in the black xpress.... Going about 55. Lol.
glassbottom

Post by glassbottom »

Coastal. How did your trip go? I'm just about to start picking up fall bass fishing this weekend. Curious how talquin produced for you. I've always had mixed results there.