FAVORITE LURE

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

hambric85

FAVORITE LURE

Post by hambric85 »

Guys, we all have that one go to lure we have used for years and trust. (live bait not included) I have always had success with a zara spook jr or she dog in a bone color. just thought id ask what your favorite go to lure? this should be interesting....
Last edited by hambric85 on November 2nd, 2015, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Re: FAVORITE LURE

Post by slowroller »

Zara Super spook, the chrome/black Cadillac, their last ride... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ttt

Post by Ttt »

Picture of the lure is worth a thousand word.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I love a jig. I know that is not as "cool" as top water, but it feels so much like what I grew up doing - worm fishing for bass. To me, setting the hook on a thump is better than doing so on the splash. Just what does it for me. Not that a good topwater strike is not exciting too.

I like a "stand up" style jig, that lets the shad style bait stand up when it hits the bottom.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Can'tCatchAnything

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

Bone superspook jr in bone followed by one knocker spook in bone. followed by a Yo Zuri Crystal Minnow deep diver floating, in 3/8th oz size.

I love to throw topwater, but I've caught more fish with popping cork with DOA rigs; not as fun though.

To date, never caught anything on Gulp.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

A Captain Mike's AquaDreamLiving spoon ..............IN PINK
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

Saltwater Assassin Stinky Pink ---Hot! Hot! Hot!
DOA 1/4 oz glo shrimp
Gulp-3 " New Penny
Gulp-3 " Sugar and Spice
Gulp-white w/ chartreuse tail
DOA C.A.L red body-white tail
Mann's root beer grub 3" (when fishing St Joe Bay).
OD
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Gotta be the Skitterwalk (trout color)
bman

Post by bman »

Chug Bug - Trout color.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

oh... and everything else in my tackle box #TheFiddler :lol: :lol:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Go to is always a jig. Out produces all others. Preferred when the conditions are right, topwater. Spook in bone is as good as it gets, except at the mouth of the Aucilla and I ain't sayin' no more! :lol:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

If fishing for reds, gold colored Johnson's 1/2 oz minnow. Trout, new penny gulp. Cobes, artificial eel jig. Macks, blues, jacks - $1.00 bone colored bargain bin WalMart lures that look bit like Zara Spook... one thing I love about them is they stay up top while you work them but fall at rest and I often will get bites both ways (working AND if not when working when let them rest and fall).

If fishing for bass, topwater frog I can throw in lily pads. Bass in nearby pond not so picky as to seemingly matter much the exact manufacturer or design. Plastic worms catch higher numbers but not nearly as fun. :-)
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

To cover the bases (and the entire water column), I use three lures predominately:

Surface: Rapala Skitterwalk SW-8 Chrome Mullet
Mid-column: DOA 1/4-ounce gold/glow shrimp (with an occasional switch to all glow, holographic glitter or root beer)
Bottom: Aqua Dream 3/8-ounce weedless gold spoon (may switch to pink in tannin-stained water and chartreuse or silver in clear)

Do I have other lures in my tackle bag? Yes, including some classic Bagley Finger Mullet and Smithwick Devil's Horse and Hall 'em In Hitchcock wooden lures, DOA CALs, BaitBusters, jerk baits and swim baits, plus some bucktail skimmer jigs. But if I could only carry three, the ones above would get the nod.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Hard to pick a favorite. The bait that is producing at the time seems to be the fave of the minute. Nothing gets the adrenaline flowing like a topwater crush though.
Red head jig with any number of soft plastics, 3"-4" chartreuse curl tail grub, cocaho minnow, gulp shrimp, fluke style. Top water is one knocker spook in bone or red/white or a skitterwalk in bone or pink. Spoon is the aquadream in red nickle or gold. I love that thump,thump a red gives you with a spoon.
Can'tCatchAnything

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

Just a question: An AQL spoon is fished as a bottom lure? I've used Clark and Kastmaster spoons that I've always just cast and crank back. I really do like throwing artificials, and I've given my AQL gold spoon several hours of use, but I still have zero confidence in it, but more so than a Redfish Magic... Are you supposed to just fish it dead slow? Couple twitches here and there, or bounce it off the bottom? At this point I have a feeling I'm working it wrong...