Hey everyone!

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

kikstand454

Hey everyone!

Post by kikstand454 »

Long time no see!

Haven't been able to log in in a while, And I got married last Saturday!

So on to the Important stuff.... :P

I'm finally getting out for the first time in about 5-6 weeks. We haven't had alot of cold, and I've heard 65° temps at the mouth of the river.....Is there still grass out in the shell point/oyster bay area???

Thanks in advance! Great to be back.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
FishWithChris

Re: Hey everyone!

Post by FishWithChris »

Welcome back and congrats!!! (I think! :lol: )

You and everyone else will be out in full force tomorrow... can't speak for grass, but good luck finding an open hole and go wear'em out!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Congratulations! :D And if this warm weather stays much longer, you might find some fish around the bars and in holes close to the river mouth. They were upriver on Wed., but it's a lot warmer now. :-?
Yours in the South
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

There is grass in front of Shell-Point, but there won't be any water tomorrow A.M.

Congrats on the nuptials
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Congratulations!

See my post under the St. Marks Monday thread for a report on my fishing trip Thursday.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

Thanks all!!

I will report back!

bman

Post by bman »

Congrats! And the fish are biting!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Welcome back Dave
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

Good to see you Bman and gator, happy to be back.

Sorry if took so long to report back.

The trip was less than stellar. My buddy and I put the yaks in around daybreak at shell point Beach, into quite possibly the lowest tide I have ever seen there....And fished almost 6hrs without a bite between the two of us. Even with him drowning shrimp. The water was crystal clear and calm, and the only predator (fish) I saw the whole time was one single sheepshead. It was d-e-d dead out there!

Got to hang with an adult and immature eagle for a while, and had a dolphin hunt in a pool I was in for about ten minutes.....But those were the highlights. Smh. It was beautiful out though.

Of course I get home and see that our old friend BK has tore them up in his yak.

Smh.

Hoping to go this weekend maybe. Hope y'all had better luck.

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

We've been on a quarter moon, which generally isn't good for fishing. It might be better later in the week with the new moon and better water movement. That is, if the storm didn't flush everything out with fresh water.
Yours in the South
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

kikstand454 wrote:The trip was less than stellar. My buddy and I put the yaks in around daybreak at shell point Beach, into quite possibly the lowest tide I have ever seen there
See my response above. You have to play tides during the winter, but this winter has been fantastic for fishing (less so for ducks). The water is still near 70 degrees. Find hard structure that creates deep pockets and the fish are stacked. Good luck fishing....and with the marriage :D
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

Thanks showboat!

That's essentially what we did that day. There weren't many other options. Lol. The only water available was in/around hardbottom, oyster bars. The fish just were not there. It was strange. I thought we were going to really clean up!
Oh well. It happens.

Maybe this weekend, will be better for me.