Where to fish

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jbearden

Where to fish

Post by jbearden »

Looking for a boat ramp. Currently have a 14ft fiberglass jon boat w/ 9.9hp motor. I usually take to the aucilla and have good luck in the past. Just looking for more options that are near creeks. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
FishWithChris

Re: Where to fish

Post by FishWithChris »

Where are ya comin' from?

Your next stops should be the Lighthouse ramp, which you can go east along the shoreline (watch out for the rocks, they move around on a full moon just as they do in Aucilla) and hit several creeks there. You can go North from the ramp and visit East River (ton of oyster beds) or go across the channel into the shore line of the west flats and explore.

You can also check out Spring Creek ramp, fun little area to explore with less stuff to hit, but still plenty to scrape and bounce off of.

Heck, launch at the Fort after this weekend and go up the Wakulla and St Marks and start fishing... good times there as well.

Plenty of hoptions. :beer: :beer: :beer:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
jbearden

Post by jbearden »

Live in Thomasville. I've been to the lighthouse many times in the kayak. Had good luck there especially in big cove. Always wanted to fish the east river, but thats a good paddle from the ramp. My wife and I go to the refuge about once a month to do some hiking and I've always wanted to put my kayak in this canal that leeds to the upper end of the east river. here is the location on google maps. https://goo.gl/maps/T38X6AsYCc82
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

The upper East River is an excellent fishing spot, esp this time of year. It should be stacked with reds.

It is also stacked with gators. Seriously, the most dense concentration of large gators I can think of in our area. Maybe otter lake in panacea has more.....But not much.
Be careful and take a friend. It's a fun trip!

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I put it there( pin drop) once and was surprised how shallow it was. No deep holes for them to get out of the cold until you get a good way down. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Check out my post over on the other kayak site. http://www.fcka.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=9832

I definitely won't go back in there by myself. A boat yes, kayak, no. Those gators have no fear of humans at all. You go back a few hundred years in time when you venture into the grass flats of the lighthouse. I put in about a 100 yds up the road on the overflow spillway. It's a short drag from the parking area.