St.Marks/Wakulla redfish charter

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Re: St.Marks/Wakulla redfish charter

Post by bman »

Salty Gator wrote:
THOMAS CITY CURVE wrote:2Salty was never this funny :smt005
:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Good Heavens. The plot thickens. I am currently writing a book about Big Bend fishing (obviously, it won't attain the minimum threshold of literature, but I'm really trying) and I need some crazy stories. I see potential here. Please, somebody go out with this pro, and get back to me.
John-Baron-9

Post by John-Baron-9 »

Hey Guys- sorry this has caused a stink- but hey- we love fishin, am I right? Yea... yea, we do.

So anyways - I've replied back thru P.M. to the dozens of fellas wanting to book - and craiglist calls- were filling up fast. May do some scallop trips too -
At this point all future bookings will be $35. Sorry - had to it, good luck folks.
John Barron Fishing Charters
North Florida
No Catch. No Pay.
Keep EVERYTHING you catch. No questions Asked.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

So now that it sounds like you're gonna be raking in dozens and dozens of dollars can you answer the question so many of us are asking...

Do you have your USCG credentials and other accreditation or not?
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
John-Baron-9

Post by John-Baron-9 »

silverking wrote:So now that it sounds like you're gonna be raking in dozens and dozens of dollars can you answer the question so many of us are asking...

Do you have your USCG credentials and other accreditation or not?
YES SIR, YOU IN PARTICULAR SEEM INTENT ON BERATING ME AND ACTING AS IF IVE BROKEN THE LAW OR PLAN TO. MOVE ALONG.
North Florida
No Catch. No Pay.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Why not list your credentials in your listing then? And why advertise that clients can keep everything, no questions asked? That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for catch and release, by the book sport-fishing, now is it?

You set yourself up for this scrutiny, MR. Baron, with your opening post and evasive responses. If you're going to be a guide, you'll be dealing with the public so get used to some serious questions from potential clients who'd like to know if they're covered by your insurance, fishing license, etc.

Two more tips: Get some promo photos that don't show excessive bag limits. And buy a Yeti cooler and some Buffs.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
John-Baron-9

Post by John-Baron-9 »

silverking wrote:Two more tips: Get some promo photos that don't show excessive bag limits. And buy a Yeti cooler and some Buffs.
This is why you are so credible. I bet you have a guest bedroom in your 5000 sq ft home with all your buffs on hangers, pressed and creased..... prob organized by color - possibly pattern and manufacturer - I know u catch fish, Ive seen it- you're good- but... book a trip - catch some fish, learn how to fish this area from a 4th generation local and then jaw at me. Come on - I'm by the book - the fluff is for vistor's to fire them up. Or is it :roll: oH, and Im RTIC all the way - save them dollars - ice melts no matter what
North Florida
No Catch. No Pay.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I'll give you this. You've got the BS banter down pat. The type of clientele you'll attract with that "fluff" is gonna love it.

Good luck!
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Aw, shucks. Rockyg is right. John Barron (aka Baron) was the fake name Donald Trump used for a fictional publicist in his self-promotion trumpeting, beginning in the 1980's.

We've been snookered...but it was fun while it lasted!
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

I'm gonna book a trip

Might be worth $35 to get some video, might go viral or something :lol:
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

Fairly new here. Back in the day how many red fish were allowed and size limits?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

eightwt wrote:Fairly new here. Back in the day how many red fish were allowed and size limits?
Do you mean 6 years ago when he said he started fishing? I think it was one per person. Not sure but I think 2012 is when it went to 2 per person. Any "guide" that would use those pics doesn't know much about fishing. This has to be fake. No one is that dumb
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
John-Baron-9

Post by John-Baron-9 »

So I guess I'm priced wrong, phone wont stop ringing. Me and the wife decided now may be a good time to upgrade from the Jon boat. Think going East Cape Vantage. Anyone have any real world use info? (except Silverking)
North Florida
No Catch. No Pay.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I've had amazing (like...YUGE) success with the Intex 100 Explorer. It has welded on oarlocks AND a repair patch! You can get it for less than 20 bucks online, and it deflates to fit into a backpack. Might wanta buy two so you'll have a place to put all the reds.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Question on the scalloping... any limit to the gallons that can be kept, or can I keep as many scallops as the jon boat will hold? :roll:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945