Carrabelle Offshore Spots

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jsaunders

Carrabelle Offshore Spots

Post by jsaunders »

I'm thinking about taking the bay boat to Carrabelle a couple weekends in June and do some offshore fishing. I've already uploaded all the public numbers I could find into my Simrad. I'm hoping to catch snapper, grouper, AJs, and do some trolling for Kings. Can I expect to be successful fishing public numbers? If anyone has private carrabelle numbers in 30-70ft they'll share for a fee, PM me.
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
StMarksAngler

Re: Carrabelle Offshore Spots

Post by StMarksAngler »

5+ miles offshore of Dog Island is a good place to start.
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

StMarksAngler wrote:5+ miles offshore of Dog Island is a good place to start.
Yea, most of the numbers I have are in that direction. I'm just planning on running towards K-Tower and watching my bottom machine.
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

Does anyone have the Turtle Towers ledges numbers? I had them in my machine and somehow lost them...Now I can't find them on the internet anywhere...Thanks
Limitless

Post by Limitless »

A good deal of "new" hard bottom was uncovered by the hurricane and if you look around I'm sure you will find some. Much easier to see it while trolling for kings than while running. Remember too that a lot of the hard bottom is "honey comb" with out a lot of relief, just good rock with holes and ledges. Watch the machine for hard surface and if you also mark some fish it's a good spot to try. Also sometimes it takes a while for an area to turn on so give it a chance.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Price3275 wrote:Does anyone have the Turtle Towers ledges numbers? I had them in my machine and somehow lost them...Now I can't find them on the internet anywhere...Thanks
https://www.floridagofishing.com/reefs/ ... ounty.html
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

Thanks! I see it on there now... Now if I can figure out how to convert the numbers to a different format. :thumbup:
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Price3275 wrote:Thanks! I see it on there now... Now if I can figure out how to convert the numbers to a different format. :thumbup:
http://www.earthpoint.us/Convert.aspx

And if I entered the numbers right, think this provides the correct results... if you use it in the future for any other conversions, just be sure to add direction letter before number coordinates (N=north,W=west) as if not it defaults to seeing the longitude entry as an east entry and will give you pretty darn wonky results (doubting you're wanting to fish in Tibet :wink: ). Joking aside, if you have the ability to see point in your system after entry hopefully you'll see it's in the right area -- I'd definitely check my screen before launching just to be sure it's got it in the right place. :thumbup: :beer:
TurtleTowers.jpg
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

I surely appreciate that! Looking for a couple state water bottom fishing spots for mid June. That being said, I'd be glad to let anyone that wanted to and had more knowledge than me jump in the boat the first week I'm down (before the wife and kids come down) probably June 8-13 or so. I'm in a 22 bay boat so I'll have to watch the weather pretty closely. :thumbup:
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

Price3275 wrote:I surely appreciate that! Looking for a couple state water bottom fishing spots for mid June. That being said, I'd be glad to let anyone that wanted to and had more knowledge than me jump in the boat the first week I'm down (before the wife and kids come down) probably June 8-13 or so. I'm in a 22 bay boat so I'll have to watch the weather pretty closely. :thumbup:
I'll be in Carrabelle June 7th, 8th, and 9th. Also going to be taking out my 22 ft bay boat with a couple buddies. See you on the water!
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

Limitless wrote:A good deal of "new" hard bottom was uncovered by the hurricane and if you look around I'm sure you will find some. Much easier to see it while trolling for kings than while running. Remember too that a lot of the hard bottom is "honey comb" with out a lot of relief, just good rock with holes and ledges. Watch the machine for hard surface and if you also mark some fish it's a good spot to try. Also sometimes it takes a while for an area to turn on so give it a chance.
Thanks for the tip.
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke