Carrabelle closes boat ramps to all non resident

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Carrabelle closes boat ramps to all non resident

Post by MudDucker »

Red Beard wrote:
Fish Masterson wrote:The problem is that they left it open for themselves only. I would be willing to bet state or federal money has been spent on most of these ramps. That would make this an illegal act, and given that fishing was explicitly labeled an essential act, a thumb in the eye of everyone that floods money into the area.
Calling people leeches because you disagree with them is petty and childlike.

Wishing misfortune on communities where my family, friends, and myself make a living is over the line and uncalled for.

This behavior is unbecoming, and the exact opposite of the kind of example that should be set. Whining about loss of your boat ramp while folks are getting sick and passing away. Is both petty and childlike.

These communities are wishing misfortune on themselves by taking these unconstitutional actions. The can not legally close it for classes of individuals. Why what if they closed it for red bearded former sailors ... I suspect your tune would change.

Oh and by the way, the thread title is WRONG, they only closed it to non-residents who don't own property in Franklin County. I do own property.

I've been down every weekend other than last weekend. The merchants and restaurants all appreciate my business and they do not agree with these closures, so I'm not going to change by buying habits.

Now the private Lanark Boat Club is closing their ramp.

They all say this is due to hysterical females. Your posts remind me of them. You post up about continuing to fish and then think you have some stupid right to judge that others are upset that they aren't being allowed to. Time to walk the plank!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Reckon we will just have to agree to disagree during this time
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

What is there to disagree on? The grants and terms of those grants are public record. Those in charge have put the city and county in a bad spot. It's not debatable. Only question is how much it will cost them.
This is why taylor County shut them down to everyone. They received the same grants and didn't want to get sued.
The Liver is EVIL and Must be Punished
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Well if anything we all would make a strong debate team.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Who would have thought 6 weeks ago we would be talking about closing boat ramps.

When our clients call the office and ask how I'm doing I say "fine", because I'm lucky to still be working and that's what they need to hear. How I really am is waiting on the next fresh new hell the next day always seems to bring nowadays. If my beloved Lanark is closed it seems that St. Marks can't be far behind.

and........Mr. Redbeard, please re-read the site rules and FAQ. You are not required to answer every post. :hammer:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Hope y’all stay afloat rocky, and this passes quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

Curious about what prompted the lanark decision. That local sheriff is acting a bit militant about this situation, and i could almost see him twisting their arms over the issue.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

"Now the private Lanark Boat Club is closing their ramp.? :smt011

So I assume this means they are going to refund money to every boater that purchased their annual pass - correct?
StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

Steve Stinson wrote:"Now the private Lanark Boat Club is closing their ramp.? :smt011

So I assume this means they are going to refund money to every boater that purchased their annual pass - correct?
You would likely be entitled to a pro-rated refund commensurate with the length of the closure.

Or, you could elect to support the club regardless, seeing as I imagine many of their annual expenses are fixed whether or not their members are using the ramp. Remains to be seen how all of this shakes out long-term, but all sorts of businesses are asking their customers to continue supporting them despite being currently unable to provide services, and many (so far) are happily obliging. That probably isn't feasible the longer this goes on. Daycare centers and private schools continuing to ask for monthly fees, membership dues at various orgs, etc.
SouthernPointe

Post by SouthernPointe »

Some of the ramps in Franklin Country are grant funded with state and federal dollars.

FWC’s - Florida Boating Improvement Program

“ACCESS: recipients of FBIP funding must allow a reasonable public access to any part of the FBIP-funded facility that would normally be open to the public and must not limit access in anyway that discriminates against any member of the public. An FBIP funded facility must be open from a minimum of dawn to dusk unless it is necessary to temporarily limit public access to all or part of the facility due to an emergency, repairs, construction or as a safety precaution.”

I would say this ordinance discriminates to members of the general public. There have been two facilities that have been funded in Franklin in the past couple years.... Old Ferry Dock Boat Ramp and Abercrombie Boat Ramp Docks.

They need to allow access to none or access to all.

Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

Also battery park in apalach. I'm certain a little more digging would show grants for several more as the records on the website only go back about 6yrs.
John-Baron-9

Post by John-Baron-9 »

Were in a pandemic and:
  • – SouthernPointe is googling obscure state grant & ramp use rules that aren't gonna help you launch a boat in the coming weeks.
    – FIsh Masterson is our self proclaimed legal scholar & master of insults
    – FIsh Masterson & Red are ready to meet up and fight it out.
    – Redbeard is a master of finding gif's quickly for his rebuttal
    – MuDucker is putting all his chips on " hysterical females" for closing Lanark
    – Steve S. just wants his 1/12th of $150 back.
    - akasephiroth is being level headed and trying to keep the peace - kudos to our friend from up north - but still concerned for his ill advised recommendation of the boat club
John Barron Fishing Charters
North Florida
No Catch. No Pay.
Keep EVERYTHING you catch. No questions Asked.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Well if anyone ever gets in legal trouble involving a grant funded boat ramp and needs to know the safest routes past checkpoints during a pandemic.

While at the same time needing to know what boat ramp is open, and what local sheriffs to avoid.

They have stumbled onto a gold mine of a resource and possibly just found their defense council. And a good place to find a jury of his/her peers.

luckywsp

Post by luckywsp »

John Barron,
For a fee will you start combing through the news, message boards I frequent and possibly my wife’s to do list and succinctly tell me all I need to know. You have a rare talent sir.

Have a wonderful day