Carrabelle closes boat ramps to all non resident

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

akasephiroth

Post by akasephiroth »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 7245135405

Title says it all wakulla county gained my business and carrabelle lost it, hard times show just how much some people truly feel...hope to see empty rv lots and marinas as I ride through once this is all over.
bbb

Re: Carrabelle closes boat ramps to all non resident

Post by bbb »

I don’t wish any bad to the business owners in that town.

I have always given high praise to The Moorings, C-Quarters and a few other businesses.

Just doesn’t make since for it to be OK for one group of people to use a facility but not let any other groups. Close it to ALL.

I guess they like the way the Government Bailout money spends vs the peoples money.

I know if I was paying for boat storage in that town, it would be moved to Wakulla County this weekend.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

akasephiroth wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 7245135405

Title says it all wakulla county gained my business and carrabelle lost it, hard times show just how much some people truly feel...hope to see empty rv lots and marinas as I ride through once this is all over.
So let’s say Wakulla closes its ramps because of the overflow of boaters. (Hasn’t happened, but what if)

Would that mean you stop shopping in Wakulla and vow financial allegiance to another county and hope bad business for Wakulla?

Just seems a stretch to say “you hope to see empty lots and marinas” next time you travel through. All because they are protecting their own? Because they want to ensure their citizens safety during a time of uncertainty. And in no way can this be the local business owners decision.

In my flawed opinion this makes you appear parasitic along with folks doing the same thing. Where is your integrity and loyalty?

If y’all valued such places you would stick this out with them and return to help local business get back and running.

And all this because you can’t take your boat out?

Good grief, let’s not be ungrateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

The problem is that they left it open for themselves only. I would be willing to bet state or federal money has been spent on most of these ramps. That would make this an illegal act, and given that fishing was explicitly labeled an essential act, a thumb in the eye of everyone that floods money into the area.
Calling people leeches because you disagree with them is petty and childlike.
The Liver is EVIL and Must be Punished
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Fish Masterson wrote:The problem is that they left it open for themselves only. I would be willing to bet state or federal money has been spent on most of these ramps. That would make this an illegal act, and given that fishing was explicitly labeled an essential act, a thumb in the eye of everyone that floods money into the area.

Wishing misfortune on communities where my family, friends, and myself make a living is over the line and uncalled for.

This behavior is unbecoming, and the exact opposite of the kind of example that should be set. Whining about loss of your boat ramp while folks are getting sick and passing away. Is both petty and childlike.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Red Beard wrote:
Fish Masterson wrote:The problem is that they left it open for themselves only. I would be willing to bet state or federal money has been spent on most of these ramps. That would make this an illegal act, and given that fishing was explicitly labeled an essential act, a thumb in the eye of everyone that floods money into the area.

Wishing misfortune on communities where my family, friends, and myself make a living is over the line and uncalled for.

This behavior is unbecoming, and the exact opposite of the kind of example that should be set. Whining about loss of your boat ramp while folks are getting sick and passing away. Is both petty and childlike.
If it is true that locals ( non commercial) can use the ramp, but others can’t. Then it becomes a problem. Every public ramp from port st joe to cedar key is closed or closing, except wakulla co. What do you think that extra traffic from everyone that normally fished the ENTIRE big bend will do you the 5 public and one private ( that comes to mind) ramps will do to folks loved ones down there? We all have family and friends :beer:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

The point is that keeping the ramps open for only locals is discrimination and favoritism and if it isn't illegal, it should be. It's a stupid decision that will only make matters worse. I won't say I'll quit fishing Carrabelle if and when this is over, but it certainly won't be my first choice.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

What do you mean Salty Gator?

Are you implying free ramp access is going to cause Wakulla business to be ripping at the seams during a quarantine I’m confused.

What it could cause is a flood of ”out of towners” jamming up the already full ramps drawing a higher volume and possibly forcing Wakulla ramps to close. And than giving a few even more reason to dive into federal boat ramp grants and it’s legalities.

**once again because they closed during a pandemic****. we’re yelling unfair and illegal,
akasephiroth

Post by akasephiroth »

Maybe a little over the top In the way it came out however a bit of respect for people who have devoted not only time and money to said community in aspects other than personal gain. I've prised carrabelle business and people to friends and family as a community that didn't only care about the dollar you brought to there doorstep, ive donate time and money when this and other Franklin county areas have been hit with other disasters, it not just the fact that they close the boat ramp it's the fact that the sheriff threatens locking you up for even passing through. I'm not directing anything towards the owners or employees of these business but yes I forsee a less than favorible future in this community for what the a group sitting at a table desired.
akasephiroth

Post by akasephiroth »

bbb wrote:I don’t wish any bad to the business owners in that town.

I have always given high praise to The Moorings, C-Quarters and a few other businesses.

Just doesn’t make since for it to be OK for one group of people to use a facility but not let any other groups. Close it to ALL.

I guess they like the way the Government Bailout money spends vs the peoples money.

I know if I was paying for boat storage in that town, it would be moved to Wakulla County this weekend.
This was another thing that really got under my skin, a good buddy of mine just invested into the carrabelle boat club baised on my suggestion. Now him being from Albany ga a high case city he has no desire to go down until this is over but it's still a slap in the face for the community to take his money and tell him to stay out you don't lay your head down here.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Red Beard wrote:What do you mean Salty Gator?

Are you implying free ramp access is going to cause Wakulla business to be ripping at the seams during a quarantine I’m confused.

What it could cause is a flood of ”out of towners” jamming up the already full ramps drawing a higher volume and possibly forcing Wakulla ramps to close. And than giving a few even more reason to dive into federal boat ramp grants and it’s legalities.

**once again because they closed during a pandemic****. we’re yelling unfair and illegal,
Your second sentence is exactly what I’m concerned about Red, for selfish reasons. But what I’m also concerned about it the traffic that will turn normally pretty full parking lots into those that resemble keton beach during scallop season. More likely for folks to pick up the virus. Not to mention packing into small stores and bathrooms. The word from the cdc hasn’t reached wakulla co yet. No one is wearing masks or gloves. I fear it will close for all of us , but not before wakulla gets hit harder than they would have had the entire big bend not close down ramps( except to locals). Where do y’all think folks from Albany are going to go to fish??
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Salty Gator wrote:
Red Beard wrote:What do you mean Salty Gator?

Your second sentence is exactly what I’m concerned about Red, for selfish reasons. But what I’m also concerned about it the traffic that will turn normally pretty full parking lots into those that resemble keton beach during scallop season. More likely for folks to pick up the virus. Not to mention packing into small stores and bathrooms. The word from the cdc hasn’t reached wakulla co yet. No one is wearing masks or gloves. I fear it will close for all of us , but not before wakulla gets hit harder than they would have had the entire big bend not close down ramps( except to locals)

Going to be a circus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

Red Beard wrote:

While you may assume your personal feelings matter when it comes to legal matters, i assure you they don't. What your uneducated mind sees as whining is actually just the facts. The grants to franklin county are in fact real. The terms of those grants are easily read, and in fact include specifically that no discrimination can occur, and also states that origin(meaning location) is a form of discrimination.
As stated above, the legal options are to close it to all, or open it to all. Anything else will subject the city and county to legal actions and expenses.
The Liver is EVIL and Must be Punished
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »