Franklin County Ramps

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Red Beard

Re: Franklin County Ramps

Post by Red Beard »

Salty Gator wrote:
Red Beard wrote:Wakulla County is open and waiting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
But all of the closures have made the wakulla ramps packed w people. And they appreciate the business, but crowds are what we are trying to avoid. I doubt if I’ll ever buy a pack of gum in Franklin co going forward. RB, I like your post but this meme sucks.
Changed.. hope it’s to your liking. Yeah it’s a circus right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Much better
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

I like fishing Franklin County and I am really upset that the ninnyhammer Franklin County Commissioners closed the ramps to outsiders. Quarantine the sick not the healthy. Not being to fish Franklin County today I fished Bay County. I was welcome there and caught 41 trout and left some money to businessmen. I cannot understand how the business people of Franklin County are letting the nitwit commissioners get away with this. You should have seen the traffic heading to Panama City on highway 231. From the traffic you'd think the virus was gone. I wonder how many of those people heading to PC would have gone to Franklin County. Nuts! :evil:
OD
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Folks, this isn't the business owners that are causing the problem. This is a bunch of nail biting women who are burning up the phone lines to the politicians. These folks vote and that is who the locals are listening to. Listening to that peacock Sheriff makes me sick, but he is making these women happy.

I won't be punishing the business owners, because in my runs past the "blockade", I've not had one business owner say anything but thank you. The only way to get these politician's attention is a lawsuit. I didn't act crazy and go everywhere during the lock down, but I didn't hide out and I never encountered any LEO's. I've talked to others that were harassed.

The Sheriff said he asked the State for permission to have a road block, but that permission evidently was never given.

This situation is the craziest thing I've seen in all of my years.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Motels and marinas have to be hurting. I wonder if places like Bay City Lodge would be willing to open their ramps to the public for a small launching fee to offset their losses?
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Dub

Post by Dub »

You guys crack me up, do you actually read what your writing? Your self-entitled, disrespectful, millennial syndrome rants are the reason why they’ve chosen to take these steps.
Not all people are like you fellows, if they open everything up, it’ll be like opening the floodgates. The rush of selfish Garbos that act as if they own the place. Parking wherever they choose, raiding the one local supermarket and leaving litter everywhere. Well, I guess that’s where I’m wrong. Maybe you should act like you own the place, don’t be disrespectful, act descent and clean up after yourselves.
Don’t bring every member of your family on the boat for snapper season so you can fill the freezer, be mindful of no wake zones and don’t disrespect the resources. Many people here are hurting economically but it’s worth it not to have everyone getting sick, no hospital in Carrabelle.
I think they should raise the non-resident fishing license fee tenfold. For that matter, raise everything tenfold for out of state visitors. Kudos to sheriff Smith for making the hard decision to hurt the local economy but keep the place relatively safe. Gov. Desantis is playing with fire by opening things up before we’ve even peaked here.
Just relax, don’t call your lawyers and go with the flow. It’ll all soon be history.
Now excuse me, I’m going fishing. Report soon to follow...
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Hey Dub, Bet your not out of work. I know many businesses who are ready to open back up. No guarantees everyone will catch the virus but guaranteed everyone will starve if there is no work. Now go on fishing and worry about only yourself.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Dub wrote:You guys crack me up, do you actually read what your writing? Your self-entitled, disrespectful, millennial syndrome rants are the reason why they’ve chosen to take these steps.
Not all people are like you fellows, if they open everything up, it’ll be like opening the floodgates. The rush of selfish Garbos that act as if they own the place. Parking wherever they choose, raiding the one local supermarket and leaving litter everywhere. Well, I guess that’s where I’m wrong. Maybe you should act like you own the place, don’t be disrespectful, act descent and clean up after yourselves.
Don’t bring every member of your family on the boat for snapper season so you can fill the freezer, be mindful of no wake zones and don’t disrespect the resources. Many people here are hurting economically but it’s worth it not to have everyone getting sick, no hospital in Carrabelle.
I think they should raise the non-resident fishing license fee tenfold. For that matter, raise everything tenfold for out of state visitors. Kudos to sheriff Smith for making the hard decision to hurt the local economy but keep the place relatively safe. Gov. Desantis is playing with fire by opening things up before we’ve even peaked here.
Just relax, don’t call your lawyers and go with the flow. It’ll all soon be history.
Well I went and filled up the boat (paid a dollar a gallon more than the gas station). Also filled my truck up. Bought a pinfish trap I didn’t need. Got takeout lindys. Paid full market price for stone crab claws at lyn bro’s. And got my limit of gags. All out of wakulla county. That is who will get my business.
Your attitude is typical for those in Franklin co. You make up your own rules as it suits you. And sherif Smith is a jackass. Y’all can stay in Franklin co and shop at the iga if you are worried about getting covid. No one is going to bring it to you at the ramp,but you will get it shopping at wal mart.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

:smt005 Well said SG!! The forum needs a franklin county troll filter.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Hey, please don't include all of us Franklin county people. I can tell you that a ton of Franklin County folks want things back up and running. They need to go back to work. The first couple of weeks were fun but after that reality kicks in. The sheriff has bluffed a lot of people away but I really wonder how many tickets have been issued. I don't blame everyone for getting irritated but its not the working class making these rules. I wonder how much money the people making the decisions are losing. I bet not much.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Dub wrote:You guys crack me up, do you actually read what your writing? Your self-entitled, disrespectful, millennial syndrome rants are the reason why they’ve chosen to take these steps.
You don't crack me up. You point one finger out and there are 4 pointed back at you. The last time I checked, a huge majority of the value of real estate on the tax rolls in Franklin Co. was owned by folks from out of state. I know I sent my check in. So yes, myself and a lot of other people do own a piece of this place. Furthermore, Franklin Co. without tourist and fishermen has almost zero economy, unless you count the illegal drug trade. There is zero justification for the draconian steps taken. They first said only Franklin Co. residents, then I suspect the County lawyer gave them some advise that you better not exclude property owners. The Governor didn't specify Georgia, but Franklin Co. decided to. Had they harassed me, I don't have to hire a lawyer,

I've seen way more piggish behavior from residents than our to state folks in my years down here. Including 2 weeks ago when I went to buy a few items to go with the seafood I purchased in Carrabelle for dinner. Two ratty looking rednecks pulled into a handicap space, forcing a lady with a handicap tag to park further from the door. When she said something, one of these jerks gave her the single finger salute. I could bring everything I need from Georgia on every trip and never step foot in a Franklin Co. business or restaurant, but I know how much folks down here depend on out trade, so I buy nearly everything from Franklin Co. businesses when I am here. For the most part, I've always enjoyed the residents of Franklin and Wakulla Counties since early in the 60's when I came here as a kid with my father.

As for license fees, I'm sure your Florida buddies would really be pleased with you when Georgia retaliated with much higher hunting fees as they flock to Georgia to hunt.

Just yesterday, an old woman reported a family at a condo down the road as being from Georgia. They were here celebrating their daughter's virtual graduation from FSU. The deputy came, knocked on the door and demanded they guarantine for 14 days. Minutes later, the old woman who called in the complaint came and told them they should not be here. The current order only applies to people from any state coming here from a place with significant infection, a term the order does not define. My area in Georgia does not and has not had a significant infection.

This it the United States and not the country of Facisit Co!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Oh and one other thing, the ramps in Franklin Co. were build using federal funds from the taxes we pay on sporting equipment, A condition to those funds is that ramps are to be open to all, seems the commissioners forgot that.
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

X2
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Hey Dub, where's that fishing report, what happened, you lose your Zebco 33 to a sail cat while you were eating your cheetoes and drinkin a yoo hoo.
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk