Franklin County Welcomes Anglers

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Franklin County Welcomes Anglers

Post by silverking »

Don't shoot the messenger... This notice was in today's edition of The Fishing Wire:

JUNE 1, 2020
Franklin County, Florida, Welcomes Anglers

Franklin County welcomes visitors back to the Forgotten Coast this month. With appropriate social distancing measures in place, visitors are again enjoying beaches, restaurants, shopping and all things outdoors, including fishing.

Fishing returns just in time for Red Snapper season to open this month in State waters and the Gag Grouper fishing season to open in Federal waters. But whether you’re ready to head offshore or you’re more into shallow water adventures, fishing in Franklin County is all about the action.

Franklin County features four fishing piers and more than 40 boat ramps and kayak/canoes launches. Beach fishing is particularly popular on the east end of the Dr. Julian G. Bruce St. George Island State Park and from the beach at Bald Point State Park in the extreme eastern end of the county. Carrabelle boats three pristine rivers that converge and connect with the Gulf of Mexico, providing access to salt and freshwater fishing grounds. Tarpon, redfish, grouper, snapper, trout and cobia are just a sample of what you’ll land.

Hiring a guide is probably the best way to safely enjoy this high-energy saltwater fishing experience. Need some dockage, tackle, guide or advice? There are several marinas and boat rentals, fishing guides and bait and tackle shops just waiting to help.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Franklin County Welcomes Anglers

Post by Salty Gator »

That’s nice
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

That is nice. I am glad they are promoting fishing in the area. It is, though, unfortunate that they alienated so many in the recent past.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Every fisherman has a short memory when "Snappa Fever" hits. The ramps will be overflowing as usual. They already are.

St. Marks looked like Memorial Day Saturday yesterday. It's nuts out there.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I would never punish a local business for the decisions of the county "powers that be". If a business upsets me, I will never return, but this was not their fault. They had no control.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Open It, They will come :D
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

With a tropical storm, just in time for red snapper season opener.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

silverking wrote:With a tropical storm, just in time for red snapper season opener.
Ouch, just saw that.

Edit. Looks to be gone by the 11th ( when it opens for the poor recreational/non charter saps)
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

I was there this past Monday and Tuesday. Talked with a couple of the local business owners and they're glad everything's back up and running and they were also very appreciative for our patronage. They lost a lot of money just like a lot of people through no fault of their own. Tried to fish Monday afternoon, little too windy. Fished rattlesnake cove behind St. George yesterday afternoon. Only 1 ladyfish took the bait. May have been the tide timing, I don't know. It was still fun and relaxing though.
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

Fished bayside of the cut this past weekend. Rat reds were all over the place. So were the sharks and catfish.