Scalloping....

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Scalloping....

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

....who all is planning on going?Image
Anyone done an scouting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flatsbroke22

Re: Scalloping....

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Me, but not until the new where’s off. :-D Hoping the prediction is correct and it’ll be a great year.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Seems like it is good when there is less rain in the late spring and early summer. Good luck to all the bivalve chasers
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I'm hoping to get my wife to play hooky with me and sneak down during the week when it first opens in steinhatchee.
Red Beard

Scalloping....

Post by Red Beard »

Stay searching for them, sometimes I think I see one flipped over, but it turns out to be someone’s trash.
Would be nice to get a mess for a dinner or two and I’d leave them alone.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

think i'll try and wait til the first few weeks are over with the limits cut in half during that time .I also haven't heard of many being seen yet.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Hopefully Tropical Storm Cristobal will have minimal impact, although Hurricane Center is warning about storm surge into the Big Bend. Too much fresh water/run-off doesn't bode well for the bi-valves.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

silverking wrote:Hopefully Tropical Storm Cristobal will have minimal impact, although Hurricane Center is warning about storm surge into the Big Bend. Too much fresh water/run-off doesn't bode well for the bi-valves.
I know it, and it’s been so promising having a dry spring. But who knows it’s nature, as soon as I think I’m a step ahead I realize I’m a few behind.

Dale Mims

Post by Dale Mims »

I plan to be out there!!!! Floating on top of the water relaxed & breathing sounding like Darth Vader!!!! Looking for the blue eyes that light glimmers in the light & then the excitement sets in on the dive down
Badfish

Post by Badfish »

Weather permitting, I think it will be a good year. We have been seeing them on the flats for weeks now. Not big ones or tons of them but they are making their way here.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Yep we hopefully will do a lot more this year than the last couple years. Image

kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Has anybody used those whole face mask diving for them? My ole mask has about had it so need to get a new one and was thinking about one of those.

luckywsp

Post by luckywsp »

Ken,
I have one. You have to be clean shaven or it will not stick. I have gone back to my old standard mask and snorkel. Also the thing that was more worrying to me was reading reviews of ppl who took shallower breathes and the co2 built up in the mask and caused complications. Sounded pretty scary. Good luck!
SCALAWAG
Site Sponsor

Post by SCALAWAG »

I think i would go with the old school mask, i have heard the same stories as mentioned. The first week at Keaton i think i am going to get a chair, umbrella, bug juice and drinks and just sit there at the ramp and watch the show :-D :-D
2016 Carolina Skiff 218DLV
Honda 115
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

SCALAWAG wrote:I think i would go with the old school mask, i have heard the same stories as mentioned. The first week at Keaton i think i am going to get a chair, umbrella, bug juice and drinks and just sit there at the ramp and watch the show :-D :-D
Ha ha... no doubt