What was the most trophies you’d lost in a day?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BloodyChamp

Re: What was the most trophies you’d lost in a day?

Post by BloodyChamp »

I got them to bite today and could have caught 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still managed to lose the trophies lol but I don’t even care because I caught so many after such a long drought. Catching them is my preference but with all the rivers blacking out from the rain I’ve barely had the chance in years. Goose Pasture of course doesn’t do that as easily but the mullet out there have never cooperated. They look more like silver bullet going by than fish most of the time. I don’t know what the difference was this year but they totally cooperated and in hindsight I was wasting time with the cast net. I do want to cast net some 1 day but we’ll just save the for the ocean.

The trophies I lost were the 3 biggest ones on the light tackle necessary to do this. I’d managed 2 before they got in the feeding fury which started when the first big one I lost hit and fought for a good 2 minutes before finally breaking it. The people on the bank who I’m pretty sure were laughing at lil ole me in my lil ole boat catching nothing screamed out YOU GOT A RED YOU GOT A RED and were as heartbroken as I was when he got off. That didn’t last long though because I caught the next 5 in a row and lost the 2 more. When I pulled the anchor they said where are you going we want to watch more lol! But 7 is plenty plus I want to go back again. I might not get to this year but if not that was a good way to end it.