Jack's

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BeeeReady

Jack's

Post by BeeeReady »

Went and got a quote for a new motor. Over 2000.00 more than the competitor and mentioned none of the rebates or special deals available. I've always heard good things this place I don't believe them. Just finalized my new purchase with all sorts of special incentives and couldnt be happier.
Backcountry 189 Pro Guide
Suzuki Df140
Semper Fi
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Jack's

Post by silverking »

Your post is a little confusing? So you went with Jack's for your new engine purchase or they were the ones who were priced higher than the competition? Which engine did you go with? What's it going on, the BC 189?

Sure others would like to know details in case they are considering a re-power, too.

Congrats. Take your time breaking it in, always run non-ethanol gas if possible and follow the maintenance routines and it should provide years of dependable service.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
BeeeReady

Post by BeeeReady »

I'm sorry about the confusion Jacks was $2,000 high and they didn't mention any of the cool offers available right now which was surprising considering all the incredibly nice things I've heard about that place. Maybe I just look like I don't know what I'm doing or look like a dummy but they definitely weren't a great help which was very surprising to me I'm sure if you know them they give you a great deal.
Last edited by BeeeReady on July 14th, 2020, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suzuki Df140
Semper Fi
BeeeReady

Post by BeeeReady »

I'm sorry about the confusion Jacks was $2,000 high and they didn't mention any of the cool offers available right now which was surprising considering all the incredibly nice things I've heard about that place. Maybe I just look like I don't know what I'm doing or like a dummy but they definitely weren't a great help which was very surprising to me I'm sure if you know them they give you a great deal.
Suzuki Df140
Semper Fi
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

OK, so which engine did you buy and for which boat?

I've heard of several cases of low inventory of boats and engines due to the buying/fishing frenzy caused by the virus.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

I believe jacks is higher because hes not an authorized dealer like bigbendmarine and mikes marine is on the yamahas .that's why hes more expensive probably.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

RUSSSELLLL!!!!! DUDE! so stoked for ya getting the BackCountry back on the water!

sent from the Ketchup Packet
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

Jack’s is high because it’s not a dealer like said. That business was originally just a guy (Jack?) selling boats and he owned everything. Obviously it’s expanded but if he still owns the whole heap then that’s all there is to it. That’s really the only drawback because he was a total class act and was always there if you have a problem. Textbook idea of what a local business should be imo. I say it/was etc because I haven’t been there in years and the old man I remember might be RIP.