Shortest route to the zinnia

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

akasephiroth

Shortest route to the zinnia

Post by akasephiroth »

Okay so I'm looking to head out for some amberjack this weekend notice the zinnia. On my public map 190 ft deep what is the quickest route to this from what I'm looking at mapwise it would look like it would be easier to put in at Indian pass and head out does this sounds about right or would it be easier to go out from another area.
akasephiroth

Re: Shortest route to the zinnia

Post by akasephiroth »

Ok doing a little more research I found fwc list this wreak at 29°17.741'N 85°38.643'W however some other maps list it at 29°17.741'N 86°38.643'W can anyone verify what is correct?
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Pensacola fishing has it at 29 17 741 x 85 38 642, granted there are supposed to be 2 wrecks with nearly the same name.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Here ya go via the uscg, the zennia is nearer to Destin

akasephiroth

Post by akasephiroth »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:Here ya go via the uscg, the zennia is nearer to Destin

That's the same location fwc showing, if I put in at Indian pass and come between st. Vincent looks to be closest route. Either way gonna give it a shot tommorow weather looks perfect for some fishing and I gotta use some V days before I loose them
akasephiroth

Post by akasephiroth »

Made it out without a issue, found wreak on bottom machine pretty close to these numbers, beautiful day to be on the water.

Cought several short amberjack, biggest toadfish I've ever seen, 4 giant lane snapper, 2 alamco Jack's (nice surprise here) and several sharks. Location was covered with sharks pulled a 8 foot dusky off the bottom was a fun fight pulling up a 300+lb shark 190 feet deep. Very fun day. Best part was learning that my 5 year old was just like his daddy, when a 4 foot bullshark took off with his top water toy he never let go of that pole lol