St Marks Reef-Monday 8/3

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wwhite3440

St Marks Reef-Monday 8/3

Post by wwhite3440 »

I headed out to the St Marks reefs last Monday and had a pretty fun adventure. I started out in front of the light house looking for bate and maybe a trout, caught a big lady fish on a top water and saw a big tarpon rolling. I headed out to the reefs and upon arrival I found lots of bate fish hitting the top in addition to big manta rays breaching the water. Drifting over the reefs using the cut lady fish I landed a keeper flounder, a few BSB, a little shark and ramora. Around midday, batefish started going crazy and I looked at the finder and it just turned all black! I looked down into the water and saw the biggest school of BIG redfish I’ve ever seen. Sure enough one of em hit my line and the fight was on! I managed to land a 27” red and promptly but him in the cooler. At that point I was happy with the haul and called it a day. It was hot out but with lots to see and do I barely noticed. All and all a great day on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red Beard

Re: St Marks Reef-Monday 8/3

Post by Red Beard »

Awesome report, thanks for sharing.

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report. Nice few meals in the box. Those bigger reds are staging up to head offshore to spawn now.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
wwhite3440

Post by wwhite3440 »

That’s what I was thinking. It’s such a cool sight to see that many fish in one place.