St James 8/23

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jss12121

St James 8/23

Post by jss12121 »

Good morning everyone,

Back in Tallahassee with online school means as much fishing as possible for me. Went down to the St James area yesterday at the end of the falling tide (didn't even check them, wanted to go that badly) and knew it was going to be a good day when on my first cast a 20' red destroyed my gold spoon. Spent the next hour of the falling tide catching 4 more reds 22-27' on multiple different things (DOA, Spoons, etc) until the tied died and things went quiet. As the tide picked back up I was able to catch a few croaker which I then put some cut bait out. The cut croaker resulted in one of my bigger flounder ever. Great day fishing, slightly cooler weather might've helped. Looking forward to going again ASAP.
jss12121

Re: St James 8/23

Post by jss12121 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jss12121

Post by jss12121 »

FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

awesome! pier? working shorelines while wading?

Congrats on a stellar day! Get those topwaters out there - cooler weather and surface temps make those fish go crazy!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Nice job on the fish. That flattie makes my mouth water. :lick:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
jss12121

Post by jss12121 »

FishWithChris wrote:awesome! pier? working shorelines while wading?

Congrats on a stellar day! Get those topwaters out there - cooler weather and surface temps make those fish go crazy!
Little of both. Stuck most of reds at a private pier, but also spent part of the low tide targeting the shorelines. Good to know, will have to add to my box. Only thing I have top water up here is a few Whopper Ploppers which I have had good success with down in Pine Island Sound

jss12121

Post by jss12121 »

If anyone wants to fish in the coming weeks/this fall let me know I am always open to get some time on/near the water.