Cedar Key Labor Day Weekend Report

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jss12121

Cedar Key Labor Day Weekend Report

Post by jss12121 »

Good day everyone,

I met my father in Cedar Key for the weekend to try to fish a new unfamiliar part of the coast. He is based in Fort Myers and figured it was a decent halfway and an interesting place to see how the fishery is between North and South. We did very well on reds after the initial half of day on the water trying to figure everything out. He nailed a 32' which was the biggest of the trip. Combined we had a great 2 days on the water actually losing count on the reds. They seemed very hungry and all fish were fat. All between 20 and 32'. We caught one snook on by catch, but we both felt that if we had targeted them we could've caught more. Also one afternoon we fished the clam poles for triple tail and caught 2 9-11 lb triple tail, missing shots at 3 or 4 more. Great weekend and set a new PB on triple tail that I think will stand for a long time.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Cedar Key Labor Day Weekend Report

Post by Salty Gator »

Great report, y’all got it done. Thanks for sharing. We’re y’all fishing around the islands or more towards shell mound/preachers hole?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
jss12121

Re: Cedar Key Labor Day Weekend Report

Post by jss12121 »

Salty Gator wrote:Great report, y’all got it done. Thanks for sharing. We’re y’all fishing around the islands or more towards shell mound/preachers hole?
Mainly around the islands, however we went up to a few spots towards the preachers hole area but not quite that far and did very well.