SGI

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pbertell

SGI

Post by pbertell »

Looks like the storm stayed west, bad pics from Orange Beach this morning. Any thoughts on how the fishing will shape up after the storm? Headed down for the week from GA with the bay boat. I have a couple of questions I would love some assistance with. I have fished the area east of Carrabelle for those big silver things many times over the past 5 years with an old guide friend and a 12#. I have never been west of Carrabelle. Any issues running in the Bay or would I be doomed to lose a lower unit? Looks like the winds are going to stay pretty strong all week so going anywhere but inshore looks out of the question. Will be searching for reds and trout or anything else we can get to bite. I would assume we will be running looking for clean water, we had 6" drop up here on Lake Lanier this morning. Any help is appreciated. Anyone headed up this way for trout or stripers on fly ping me in the future. Thanks in advance, Pete
flatsbroke22

SGI

Post by flatsbroke22 »

I was down Labor Day weekend and water was fairly dingy then. I would imagine is a lot worse now. Appalachicola bay is fairly deep the one big obstacle is a big sand bar just off the point of goose island. It will submerge at high tide so be careful all around that area.Image
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Pirate

Re: SGI

Post by Pirate »

All of the fresh water from the rain is heading that way as we speak. It will make the fishing tough. if you are going this coming week the wind doesn't look too cooperative. For Apalachicola bay an east or west wind over 12 will be bad. South will help. You might consider St Joe Bay as it runs north and south and has more shelter and less fresh water coming in.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
pbertell

Re: SGI

Post by pbertell »

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah, have no choice on when we are coming down. Finally got kids off to college, sold our main house and needed the break. I can only imagine the amount of water dumping into the bay down there. We got 5" up here in GA and its all headed that way.