Spring Creek 12-22-2020

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

TheReelPapaSquat

Spring Creek 12-22-2020

Post by TheReelPapaSquat »

I took my father in law fishing yesterday. We put in at Spring Creek around 7am. High tide was supposed to be at 0750, but you couldn't tell by the way the bars were showing at the mouth. We decided to anchor down next to a bar and fished live shrimp under a cork. All was quiet for the first 20 minutes, I was starting to get a little antsy. Father in law was reluctant to move to some of our other creeks do to the lack of water, so we stayed put. I'm glad we did because as soon as we decided to hunker down, we started slaying them. We had our limit of trout in 45 minutes even throwing the few 15 inches back. Most trout were 16 to 17 with a couple 18s in the mix. They were good and fat too. All the trout had bellies full of decomposing shiners, and a few of our shrimp. It was a great morning. Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas. 🎄
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: Spring Creek 12-22-2020

Post by tallykenj »

Congrats!
The Back Porch
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

Sounds like a fun day! Did you happen to notice the water temp? I'm thinking about going that direction this weekend.
TheReelPapaSquat

Post by TheReelPapaSquat »

If I remember correctly, gulf temp was 54 or so. It would have been warmer in the creek because of the springs. I don't have any electronics on the skiff. I'm heading out next week as well to give it another shot. Good luck, let us know how you did.