what's your Favorite boat food?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tailwaters

what's your Favorite boat food?

Post by tailwaters »

Although food is generally one of the last things I think about when planning a day on the water I'd like to do a little better with it this year. In a effort to do so I'd like to hear what's your favorite thing to eat on the boat is. Just looking for new ideas. Cold fried chicken or a meat and cheese sandwiches can get a little old after a while.

To start things off here are a few of my favorites.

COLD
-Chicken Salad on Hawaiian rolls
-Ceviche (put the ingredients in a zip lock bag the mooring of and just cube up your first fish)

HOT (Boat grill or camp stove)
-Blacken fish sandwich
-Venison sausage dog
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: what's your Favorite boat food?

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Publix chicken is the standard. Venison jerky, peanut butter and honey sandwiches along with cold pizza are also regulars.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

BBQ Vienna sausages, peanut butter cheese crackers, hard boiled eggs, and chicken salad ...... but who has time to eat? :lick:
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Extra Sausage biscuit left over from Hardee's breakfast and a Ham Lunchable are my just about every time lunch. I have room for a grill but doubt I would ever take the time to use it on a fishing trip. I usually spend 10 minutes eating and thinking about where to go next. (Hopefully, a spot that Tailwaters has not already beat me too) lol
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
TOWM

Post by TOWM »

Lays potato chips and ice cold beer
Big Tim

Post by Big Tim »

Subway samitch or homemade samitch (turkey/cheese). Lance peanut butter/cheese crackers (about a dozen packs onboard). Deer/beef jerky. Ice cold adult beverages (cold beer) and water. That pretty much covers the major food groups.
Last edited by Big Tim on January 30th, 2021, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
geofish

Post by geofish »

Snacks, nuts etc. Had to cut out the salty stuff to please my heart doctor.
But on a hot summer day there's nothing like a cold navel orange to quench hunger & thirst together

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Often take the usual fare--Publix chicken, turkey sandwiches--but do make my own chicken salad and add cayenne pepper to pep it up. One of my favorites in the cooler months is a bag of sliced summer sausage (I use turkey), slices of cheese, Triscuit or Wheat Thin crackers and olives and peppers. It's satisfying and can be eaten in spurts depending on the bite.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Dub

Post by Dub »

Homemade smoked fish dip with crackers is almost always a staple on board and often times we’ve got a Jefferson County watermelon rolling around in the icebox. Hard to beat an icy melon in those scorching summer months.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Banannas :lol:
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

Watermelon was always my favorite. I would have half of 1 on the boat and tear it up as soon as I’d caught a bunch or made it to where I was paddling to on a trip. Lunch fishing is always better once you’ve did what you meant to do that day imo.

I don’t take watermelon anymore though because at age 39 I require protein and nourishment that will stick to the ribs a little better while fishing or manual labor. In that regard watermelon can be described in a word - whoosh! Lol ugh...
SouthernPointe

Post by SouthernPointe »

Man, I must be punishing myself from the looks of it. We usually have an oatmeal pie or two and Gatorade. Usually don’t take much. Kids love those crustables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Cotto Salami Sandwich
Salt & Vinegar Pringles
Nature Valley Almond granola bars
White Powdered donuts
Walmart Small Spiral wraps
Grapes