Shield's ramp

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Juan
Site Sponsor

Shield's ramp

Post by Juan »

Anyone have the gps numbers or directions / description for the ramp at Shield's? The only time I've been there was a couple years ago to test the new motor when I repowered and I'm not sure that's the ramp for public use.
Thanks in advance
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: Shield's ramp

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Hit the dead end by Posey’s and Cooter Stew in Saint Mark’s. Hang a left.

GPS coordinates in lower right
82974337-C9F1-4A95-B2E5-085534754D49.png
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Thank you. That's the one I was hoping it was. :thumbup:
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

I'd launch at the fort ramp myself.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Hit-n-Miss wrote: January 30th, 2021, 10:23 am I'd launch at the fort ramp myself.
H&M, you going to join us on the 6th? Don’t remember ever meeting you in person, but I enjoy your posts to this forum.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

SHOWBOAT wrote: January 30th, 2021, 11:58 am
Hit-n-Miss wrote: January 30th, 2021, 10:23 am I'd launch at the fort ramp myself.
H&M, you going to join us on the 6th? Don’t remember ever meeting you in person, but I enjoy your posts to this forum.
Thanks. For a tournament? Never done one. Probably be late march before I hit the water again. I need to go fishing so I can post up something.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I may do that. Never launched there but looks good on Google Earth and easier for me to get to. Just noticed that's an option for those fishing the tournament on the 6th.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Come give it a try. Bring Mrs Buck Killer. Always a nice prize for LAOTY. I think you’d enjoy it.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

SHOWBOAT wrote: January 30th, 2021, 6:47 pm Come give it a try. Bring Mrs Buck Killer. Always a nice prize for LAOTY. I think you’d enjoy it.
LAOTY???
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Lady Angler of the Year

Juan, the fort ramp is not much different from Shields, except more boats launching and no Ship's Store. Less than 5 minutes upriver.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

silverking wrote: January 30th, 2021, 10:42 pm Lady Angler of the Year

Juan, the fort ramp is not much different from Shields, except more boats launching and no Ship's Store. Less than 5 minutes upriver.
It looked like maybe 3 could launch at the same time from the Fort while just two from Shield's but If there's more boats launching from the fort ramp I should probably stick to Shield's since I'll be launching alone which will take a few minutes longer unless I can find someone to pull the truck out.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

The third ramp at the fort is very narrow. Better suited for jon boats. The fort does have piers (as does Shields) to tie off while you park the tow vehicle. Both ramps offer plenty of water even on the lowest negative winter tides. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

3rd ramp? Never knew they had a third. Just deploy the Ulterra Juan...
Big Tim

Post by Big Tim »

Not an expert with any of these ramps but I launched at the Fort in November with no issues at all. I too thought I would be solo but had an old time fishing buddy join me at the last minute so he drove the truck out and parked. Long line up/haul out shot in front of ramp, wide ramp, docks, lots of water. FLW officer was there when I launched and loaded (two days later). Did not check anything but watched us when we came back in. We were legal so no big deal.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

SHOWBOAT wrote: January 31st, 2021, 11:15 am 3rd ramp? Never knew they had a third. Just deploy the Ulterra Juan...
I'm bringing the Scout skiff this time and the Ulterra is on the other boat so save me a spot on a pier. :-D