Shield's ramp

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Shield's ramp

Post by silverking »

SHOWBOAT wrote: January 31st, 2021, 11:15 am 3rd ramp? Never knew they had a third. Just deploy the Ulterra Juan...

Original ramp on the southern end. Replaced with the double wide with the renovation. So I guess it's just 2, technically. Never was very good at math. :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

silverking wrote: January 31st, 2021, 3:04 pm
SHOWBOAT wrote: January 31st, 2021, 11:15 am 3rd ramp? Never knew they had a third. Just deploy the Ulterra Juan...

Original ramp on the southern end. Replaced with the double wide with the renovation. So I guess it's just 2, technically. Never was very good at math. :lol:
The new ramp should be able to launch two boats at once as long as both people know how to back a trailer :D
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Juan wrote: January 31st, 2021, 7:54 am
silverking wrote: January 30th, 2021, 10:42 pm Lady Angler of the Year

Juan, the fort ramp is not much different from Shields, except more boats launching and no Ship's Store. Less than 5 minutes upriver.
It looked like maybe 3 could launch at the same time from the Fort while just two from Shield's but If there's more boats launching from the fort ramp I should probably stick to Shield's since I'll be launching alone which will take a few minutes longer unless I can find someone to pull the truck out.
Juan I plan on fishing the T,depending what time your at the fort I'd be more than happy to help you launch and load :thumbup: :thumbup:
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Thank you sir! I'd sure appreciate it but if the rain prediction stays at 60% or higher, I'll be sitting this one out.

Just noticed Rule 15. I thought the tournaments were artificial only. :hammer:
Last edited by Juan on February 3rd, 2021, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Juan wrote: February 1st, 2021, 12:52 pm Thank you sir! I'd sure appreciate it but if the rain prediction stays at 60% or higher, I'll be sitting this one out.
what you talking about Juan???

https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/shell_point

I even see the sun for a bit
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

SHOWBOAT wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 10:10 am
Juan wrote: February 1st, 2021, 12:52 pm Thank you sir! I'd sure appreciate it but if the rain prediction stays at 60% or higher, I'll be sitting this one out.
what you talking about Juan???

https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/shell_point

I even see the sun for a bit
Where's the sun? I don't know how to read that site but the if it says there's less than 50% chance of rain Saturday, I sure hope it's right! The site I use for St. Marks has changed a little from the earlier forecast and now says:
Saturday: Day: Cloudy with showers. High 57 Winds NE 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain: 50%
Evening: Showers early, becoming steady rain. Low 53, Winds NE 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%
If I didn't live so far from St. Marks, I wouldn't be as concerned but it's not looking good for the ride home at this point.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

rain chances now at 30% or less during tournament; but like any tournament, the more you talk about it as we get closer, the more volatile it becomes !

hush hush on that rain now. :lol: :beer: :beer:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image