North Ga Brown Trout

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

PhishingNole

North Ga Brown Trout

Post by PhishingNole »

My family is staying at a cabin in the Blue Ridge area and we will have a few days with access to a few streams with Brown Trout.

We're going to have a few kids and inexperienced adults fishing, so fly is out if the question.

What are some easy rigs for kids to pull in a few trout up there?

So far I'm planning on rigging some drop shots with shrimp or hotdog slices, but is there anything else that can easily produce?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Re: North Ga Brown Trout

Post by ugadawg »

Rooster tails work well. Canned corn or salmon egg bait can work well if you are on a stocked stream.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Smallest rooster tail or panther Martin you can find on 4# line. Great fun and easy for kids.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
hairface

Post by hairface »

fun for kids buy some red wigglers live worms like shrimp in the ocean ever thing bites them
PhishingNole

Post by PhishingNole »

Thanks guys, ordered some tackle and hoping for good weather now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim »

Minnows, worms,rooster tails, corn, power bait (sort of an artificial salmon egg), salmon eggs. Be aware some streams are artificial only. The larger streams and rivers hold the browns. Chattahoochee and Toccoa rivers as well as Lake Burton are the best bet for browns or other trout. An occasional brook may be caught in some of the colder year round streams but they are usually pretty small. I don't think the state will start stocking rainbows until the end of this month or April. Your best bet in that area is the Toccoa river. Also be aware of where you fish some of the landowners are notoriously protective of the streams that run though their property. It is beautiful country and a beautiful fishery have fun.
Outdoornerd

Post by Outdoornerd »

mealworms-